Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    It's a lump of cheddar isn't it? Of course if you want to call it a candle... or a flower... fine...

Slice of flower with your ale?

All right, troops, let's try this version (the other two were just warm ups, but I spent a wee more time on this one so I want to make it better).

On this one, I spun the lusty wench about, and I think from this angle the IT hopefully becomes Okay-T. I also reduced the spotlights on her and on the lead pirate, and scuffed up the latter's eye patch a tad. In deference to HE's poor eyesight, I removed the candle jar from the bar, and also from the table; replacing the latter with a proper candle. I left the fancy clothes; these are successful pirates, after all; hence the bar maid's attention.

Better?

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    Where did the cheese go? At least the barmaid's put a bra on now.

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Then her name must be Ana Chronism as bras were not patented until the very late 19th century and the tricorn hats place these pirate guys in the 17th or 18th centuries. And you know what happens when time travelers introduce new technology into earlier ages. Best case scenario: These guys will become so intrigued as to how you go about unfastening the damned things they'll lose all interest in pirating and Disney will have to come up with a whole different ride: Beach Bars of the Caribean which will not earn a G rating so that the whole concept of theme parks will be buried. And then where will our civilization be?

I very much like the color patterns in this one. The main pirate guy shows much better though his youth is a bit jarring and I think the strap from the eye patch rises too abruptly. At that angle, the strap we can't see may well run under his left ear. I still am not a fan of the skull and cross bones on his shin guards.

Moving up a bit in time...

I like her shoes; they look confortable and practical. I like the picture, too, though I wonder what nefarious deed is underway in a brewery. It's got to be a brewery with all those pipes; either that or the plumbing for a large apartment complex and, if that's the case, I don't want to know about the nefarious deed.
    I can't help one little shot and I have a question.
    The shot: That's a really nice staple gun she's carrying. She's gonna staple that bad guy to the pipes, right?
    The question: The outer wrap doesn't hang right. Even if it is tailored to her body, in the position she's in, it ought hang more loosely, oughtn't it? Is that a function of the software and the designer or can you loosen the hang?

Well that depends. It could be a staple gun. Maybe it's a caulking gun and she's fixing the pipes. Or if she's a spy, it could be some sort of weird measuring device that Q whipped up. Or if it's sf, it could be an electro-lazer zappy thingamagimy. Hard to tell.

What I like about the picture is that it looks like a portrait shot -- striking woman standing in weird industrial setting wearing futuristic clothes -- and then there's this guy in a Chinese smock staring at her through a window in the background. Who is this guy, what is he doing, why is he there? It's all up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by KatG
    It's all up in the air.
    Exactly. Keep 'em all guessing.

Staple gun? They must have funny air down there in Arizona...

But to answer HE's question about the coat: no, this one is not adjustable in that way. It is a function of the coat model, not the software. Clothing models are designed to "fit" to the human model they are designed for. Some are made with extensive "morphs" that allow them to be adjusted in many ways; for example, to fit a variety of body sizes (heavy, slender, IT, etc.); and some also have morphs for more extensive shaping, such as cloaks with settings for blowing in the wind, or wrapping around a leg; or a dress that includes special moves for walking or sitting. This particular coat does have a number of special morphs, but nothing that adjusts the "hang" from top to bottom. So we'll just have to call it "well-fitted."

They must have funny air down there in Arizona...
    One theory has to do with Beefeater martinis but I don't put much stock in that one. Right now, the annual Sonoran rainfall has blessed us with 24 days straight sound and fury and wetness, which may be a record, but it does clean out the air. You folk in the Northwest corner of the place know all about continuous days of rain which explains the 'up in the air' quality of your artwork.
    Who is this guy, what is he doing, why is he there?
    Who is this guy?Second cousin to Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu, the guy in the 70s Marvel comic books I couldn't remember the other day.
    What is he doing? He's pinching himself to see if he really is there. This presents a problem for him since he is not certain the pain he feels from the pinch is real or virtual. That explains the puzzled look.
    Why is he there? This cousin is a time-raveler * who has been assigned to tail The Mad Stapler through a near future in the Sam Adams brewery in Massachussetts.

* I'm in the middle of David Gerrold's novella In the Quake Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Radthorne
    The direction of HE's mind often baffles me, and on occasion, scares me as well...
    I rest my case...

(Is it a sign of HE's effect on me that I'm quoting myself?)

Did you notice which direction I was going? I've got stuff I'm supposed to be doing (ask BrianC and Holbrook) and, if I can catch up with myself, maybe I'll get something done.

How come your case was tired? Doesn't it get 8 hours sleep/night or has it been partying the night away without permission? I've heard somewhere that if you don't close your case at night the colors will run all over the place.

Radthorne, you could spend one night in HE's mind and see how really scared you get

Like the staple girl pic, although that coat ... maybe making it black would help?

On the improved pirate pic, the candle cheese should still be there. Light a pipe or take a bite

The thing about the Staple Gun Girl, to me, is that her outfit looks like an X-Men outfit, without the X. Does she have any special powers??

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC
    The thing about the Staple Gun Girl, to me, is that her outfit looks like an X-Men outfit, without the X. Does she have any special powers??
    Of course, she probably froze time while she inspected the plumbing and such. Either that or she can stand still for a very long time!

I thought the second pirate pic was good. Nice to know someone else uses DazStudio/Bryce.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonstorm
    I thought the second pirate pic was good. Nice to know someone else uses DazStudio/Bryce.
    Hi, Dragonstorm! And thanks!

So you're a Studio/Bryce person? Do you have anything posted up we can take a peek at?