Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Under the dragon's arse hoping he won't realise i'm here and trying to steal his treaure.

Smile

I can see what you mean. The "old face but young neck" issue does tend to make the figure look strange.

Its a great pic all the same, but i can see why sticking to younger modles is more useful.

It's the DAZ program you use isn't it? I know you can whip images together pretty fast, but out of interest, how long did this one take you?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostShell
    It's the DAZ program you use isn't it? I know you can whip images together pretty fast, but out of interest, how long did this one take you?
    Yes, I'm using DAZ Studio. It's pretty stable in its current release, and still free, yet with quite a bit of the same core functionality that Poser has.

This picture took about 45 - 50 minutes. A lot of that was deciding what to include, messing with the guy's head morphs to age him up, tinkering with lights, and swearing at the sleeves on his robe, which had a mind of their own and wanted to fly off in all directions.

Here's another little something for the evening:

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm baaaack!

Reference molten metal entity (mme):
    (1) Am somewhat dismayed to read all and sundry believe said entity to be male. What are the indicators that might support such an assumption?
    (2) Makes you wonder what the two captives were doing out in the middle of nowhere anyway, doesn't it? Tresspassing probably as a result of their curioisities concerning certain anatomical properties not resolved by the picture and therefore derserving of whatever judgment mme determines.
    (3) Unless this mme is a descendant of Norrin Radd, why in the name of the umpteenth djin of Djabbarta does this mme have a navel? That's where the mold separates from the casting?
    (4) Do platinum blondes have more fun than regular blondes?
    Last edited by Hereford Eye; July 6th, 2006 at 11:15 AM.

Oh, no!! HE is back

navel?! sheesh I missed there was one think I need better glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford Eye
    Yeah, I'm baaaack!

(1) Am somewhat dismayed to read all and sundry believe said entity to be male. What are the indicators that might support such an assumption?
    (2) Makes you wonder what the two captives were doing out in the middle of nowhere anyway, doesn't it? Tresspassing probably as a result of their curioisities concerning certain anatomical properties not resolved by the picture and therefore derserving of whatever judgment mme determines.
    (3) Unless this mme is a descendant of Norrin Radd, why in the name of the umpteenth djin of Djabbarta does this mme have a navel? That's where the mold separates from the casting?
    1) Oops. Could be female. Chest parts are blocked by giant hand.

3) Yeah, why does he have a navel? Maybe he isn't made from metal. Maybe that's some sort of biomass goo. But again, even so, would he need a navel?

4) Yes.

Like the old man picture. He's just very fit, you see. It's the Asian diet.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm baaaack!

To quote; Wow!

Don't go there, Holbrook! My inadequacy with the mother tongue need not be explicated to the world.

Blog Entries
    Don't go there, Holbrook! My inadequacy with the mother tongue need not be explicated to the world.
    I am going nowhere. It is you that went somewhere and back again (Turned you into a Hobbit, we have!!!) Put you to work in the laundry, we will..... ( sounding like Yoda, there..... It's the heat I tell you!!)

Like the old mage, one problem though, his wrinkles vanish when they meet his circlet.

What a very odd group of people... But, as GhostShell says, a friendly bunch. And I'm glad they're all here!

Here's a re-do of Mr. Chrome Bumper/Silver Man/MME. Second figure removed, scene re-centered, and his navel obscured off the bottom of the image (he's just the regular Michael 3 model with a really 'buff' skin texture, so he's anatomically correct in all particulars. It's just that they're all chrome, and very large... )

And just because I'm feeling prolific this evening... You get another Romance cover. (Sorry, HE, you came back just in time for another one of 'those'...) (And how was your trip? Did you have a good time? See lotsa good stuff? Drink Holbrook under the table?)

Good to be back. As for the trip, see Eight Days in Far Ago Places in my blog. As far as drinking Holbrook under the table, despite what the tabloids and shock TV shows are claiming, there was only one bottle of Claret and we were safely out of harm's way at Holbrook's dining room table. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Now, for guilty pleasures:
    (a) I assume the guilt comes from the young woman's apparent pregnancy? That would explain the looks on their faces, the "who? me? this isn't my fault!" expressions.
    (b) That is an amazing fabric the monk wears, made from postmortem chameleon, isn't it? Changes colors to match its background as it does when lying in front of the young woman's dress.
    (c) Strange land they trod: it squares off and drops away to infinity yet it nourishes trees growing from its surface.

Yep, it's good to be back!

She's wearing a Regency Empire dress, which is all the rage now, and with it's high waist under the bosom and pleated drape, it does indeed often make women look pregnant. I think the land is suppose to be a gentle sloping hilltop, but it does look kind of geometrical doesn't it.

Kevin, you are officially hopeless at romance covers, but I do like this picture. The re-do of Molten Guy is nice too.

The ground is actually a hill, but you're right, with the way I positioned it the slope looks a little too regular. And HE is right about the overlay of dress and robe; I meant to move her dress out of the way a bit but forgot, and so it's intersecting his robe. As for the nature of the guilty pleasure, well I figured I'd leave that to the viewer's imagination.

Hopeless, you say? Ok, so I won't submit anything to any of those umpteen different Harlequin imprints... You'll all just have to put up with my fantasy and occasional sci-fi images.

Yeah! More Micronauts!! hehe