Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Books

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Cadvan
    Yeh, gotta agree with you both. For me, there's nothing worse than a story where the whole point is for two people to meet and gradually fall in love, then finally admit it to each other on the last pages. It makes everything else that happened in the story, every other theme that featured, seem totally pointless. And plus, relationships dont really work like that, do they? But the relationship that you've written between Maerad and Cadvan has been so beautifully done, and its obvious that The Pellinor Series is about so much more than just love. (That's not to say I'm not in favour of that part of it, though!!)
    I would hate it if it went (Not that it will )-

Maerad said "Oh Cadvan! I was so wrong, i was so... afraid, but you showed me the truth, that i can love. Oh Cadvan, i...i..."
    Cadvan turned and looked deeply into Maerad's tear filled eyes, "Yes, Maerad, tell me"
    "Cadvan... i , love you"
    Cadvan stood in shock for a moment, then whisked Maerad into his arms, his heart bursting with joy.
    "Oh Maerad, i love you too, i have ever sice i first saw you!"
    "Oh Cadvan"
    "Oh Maerad"
    "Oh"
    "Oh"
    "Yes"
    "YES"
    They kissed in an agony of joy. (Que the violins Alison...) Cadvan turned and vaulted onto Darsor, pulling Maerad after him.
    "Come my love, let us ride" Cadvan whispered into her ear.

They rode off into the sunset, got married, had a ton of babies, Maerad got saggy boobs, they wrote a book (This one in fact), everyone's happy...

THE END

oh, btw, copy writed to me ... snort... ergh! i hate those sorts of books . I'll repeat myself by saying, i'm finding it really hard to foresee how this thing will work out. Never underestimate the artful use of "Oh" to extened a scene

BTW, i found my bed socks, my feet are nice and toasty, i said i was going to bed.. what the hell, i'm in for the long haul. I 'm in a strange mood tonight... listening to Coldplay and Eskimo Joe (I love their song 'this room' listening to it right now) always does that to me... ooooo it's 1 in the am, so i suppose it's morning now ... truthfully i was just waiting for a song to finish downloading off Bear Share (i know... naughty me, i should buy hem legally...) and it just finished so i guess i'll go now
    Last edited by Gemini; April 4th, 2005 at 05:41 AM.

Thumbs down

Yeah we REALLY dont want that to happen although it is quite amusing.

Yep, that pretty well covers everything that I don't want to happen...

But if ever I write such drivel, you all have permission to loose those feral ducks massing in Frasier Island (was it?) and set them pecking my toes until I return to my senses. (As for those "ohs" - you've been reading Barbara Cartland, haven't you Gemini? Though she also ... uses ... lots ... of ... dots .......... )

What a nightmare...!

"He kissed her until she was no longer herself but his, and it was so wonderful that it was impossible to think of anything except that she loved him and he filled her whole world, and she was no longer afraid." (from Love on the Wind,) 1983 - Barbara Cartland

Hmm sounds sort of familiar doesn't it....
    No, i haven't read anything of hers, thankfully, but 700 books, hey, that is pretty impressive, though i'm willing to bet most of them are sh*t.

Maerad is a GoogleWhack! Don't worry i'm not paying her out . A GoogleWhack is when you put two words into google and you only get one hit, quite fun really. When you put "Maerad Kestrel" (Kestel is from 'Wind on Fire' trilogy, by somebody Nichols, very recomendable) into google you get one hit. You also get it on Google image search. It comes up with (surprise, surprise) the map labelled "Maerad and Cadvan's journey" or something, from Alison's website.

Weeeee, i got another GoogleWahck! "Popadoms Sauron" lol
    Last edited by Gemini; April 4th, 2005 at 12:30 AM.

Jelly Fetishist
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini
    Maerad is a GoogleWhack! Don't worry i'm not paying her out . A GoogleWhack is when you put two words into google and you only get one hit, quite fun really. When you put "Maerad Kestrel" (Kestel is from 'Wind on Fire' trilogy, by somebody Nichols, very recomendable) into google you get one hit. You also get it on Google image search. It comes up with (surprise, surprise) the map labelled "Maerad and Cadvan's journey" or something, from Alison's website.

Weeeee, i got another GoogleWahck! "Popadoms Sauron" lol
    Heehee, I'm going to be delightfully unpleasant by saying that ACTUALLY...for a googlewhack to be valid, both words have to be in the Something-or-other English Dictionary. I read Dave Gorman's book on Googlewhacking. *smarmy*

Heehee, I'm going to be delightfully unpleasant by saying that ACTUALLY...for a googlewhack to be valid, both words have to be in the Something-or-other English Dictionary. I read Dave Gorman's book on Googlewhacking. *smarmy*
    ............. .................... , pooness, ruin my fun will you!!!.... , anyhoo, i saw Dve Gorman on Jay Leno today, that's what caused me to start looking for google whacks, the closest i got with two words from the english dictionary *IF your being picky * was 14 with "Pomegranite Riparian" or something.

Jelly Fetishist
    Maerad said "Oh Cadvan! I was so wrong, i was so... afraid, but you showed me the truth, that i can love. Oh Cadvan, i...i..."
    Cadvan turned and looked deeply into Maerad's tear filled eyes, "Yes, Maerad, tell me"
    "Cadvan... i , love you"
    Cadvan stood in shock, then whisked Maerad into his arms, his heart bursting with joy.
    "Oh Cadvan"
    "Oh Maerad"
    "Oh"
    "Oh"
    "Yes"
    "YES"
    They kissed in an agony of joy. (Que the violins Alison...) Cadvan turned and vaulted onto Darsor, pulling Maerad after him.

They rode off into the sunset, got married, had a ton of babies, Maerad got saggy boobs, they wrote a book (This one in fact), everyone's happy...
    Shudder. I can actually feel bile rising in my throat. It would be terrible, I might actually have to punch something! But I have to say, you've got that to a tee- those type of books are exactly like that. Not remotely satisfying...

Shudder. I can actually feel bile rising in my throat. It would be terrible, I might actually have to punch something! But I have to say, you've got that to a tee- those type of books are exactly like that. Not remotely satisfying...
    I do try, how remarkable that i got it so well, whem i've never read a single one of those books in my life *Pushes trashy, airport/ service station impulse romance book buys under the bed*... no never . I have no idea how that cr@p gets published! Then again, i find it more unbelieveable that some people actualy enjoy it...

BoA Manager
    "Cadvan... i , love you"
    Cadvan stood in shock for a moment, then whisked Maerad into his arms, his heart bursting with joy.
    "Oh Cadvan"
    "Oh Maerad"
    "Oh"
    "Oh"
    "Yes"
    "YES"

THE END
    Gem i didn't know u were such a talented writer. not to mention i could just picture u acting that out all on ur own. now i must give it a try. funi sight really!

~ Tari

Dear sweet parrots

We are getting so off topic on these threads that I'm thinking that I ought to moderate a bit. Just for you all, I'm making a new chat thread, in which gossip, talent quests, irrelevancies, school work &c can be happily pursued. In this way, anyone who wants to talk about books and so on can do so without getting too derailed, and chat can be pursued without interruption, if so desired. How does that sound? Fair?

Sounds good (sweet parrots???????)
    Last edited by Merenwen; April 4th, 2005 at 12:07 PM.

Hee helloo

well well well Merenwen!
    Yep Im new and guess who got me addicted to these books that Merenwen girl!!
    anyhoo I'm the one she talks to evry day in art about the gift and the riddle (drives me mad)
    Ok im addicted to it as well but shes the freak!!
    Well cant wait until the crow comes out really excited!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Eámanë
    well well well Merenwen!
    Yep Im new and guess who got me addicted to these books that Merenwen girl!!
    anyhoo I'm the one she talks to evry day in art about the gift and the riddle (drives me mad)
    Ok im addicted to it as well but shes the freak!!
    Well cant wait until the crow comes out really excited!!!
    Errrr yeah am the freak lol In this forum u cant get away wit callin people who are slightly obsessed by pellinor freaks or there could be a kidnap plot involvin ducks!!!

Anyhoo yup this is another person who is usin valuble education time to talk bout ur books Alison u should feel TERRIBLE (lol)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by alison
    I will say (feeling chatty tonight, and thrown out of the room where we usually chat by my kids and their friends, who are watching a Vincent Price movie) that I'm pretty sure that Cadvan has quite deep feelings for Maerad. But I don't think he really approves of them within himself.
    Ahhhh givin us all these little hints and sample chapters is makin me slightly crazy ahhh 2006!!!!

Sorry mad moment has now officially past (well maybe not quite but hey a lil bit of madness isnt all bad)

I have a question on the subject of editing: for your various additional releases (U.K., U.S.) was there any extra editing done on the books? And if so, what sorts of things were changed?