Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Books

BoA Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionnoula
    it's a Gaelic name (like my real name) i got it from the Children of Lir which is an Irish faery tale my mum used to read to me..

it's pronnuced "finn + ula"
    Hey

sounds kewl. if your interested. Tari is my real name in Elvish. my surname in Elvish is Minyatur. it also means Queen in Elvish also.

~ Tari.

Jelly Fetishist
    Fionnoula,

I for one DEFINATELY agree with you that Maerad and Cadvan should get it on. The relationship growing between them is so sweet, kudos to Alison for writing it so well. And Cadvan is so sexy! Miaow ;P
    I would also a hint from the author as to the future of their relationship, heh heh.

Tari> cool i like it...i used an elvish name translator once..my name came out quite long...

Mrs Cadvan> he is very hot ...it has to happen..

Jelly Fetishist
    I hope I'm not misinterpreting the signs, but I reckon there are quite a few hints in the first two books that suggest 'something' between them. It would just be so great if I'm proved right lol! I wonder how raunchy it will get...? Any comment, Alison? Oh dear, that's my dirty mind playing up again... *mentally smacks herself*

lol..i would love it to happen but he is about 70 years old than her..she'll probably met someone else ((like Riley in Buffy ))..but that can't happen they have to get together

Jelly Fetishist
    Well I wont say anything too obvious, apart from *coughbook2cough*.
    Riley in Buffy, ergh- that was the most annoying relationship ever, especially after the departure of sexy Angel...sigh.
    But I have this theory that they will get together in the end- in the bibliography of The Gift, it lists the account that Maerad and Cadvan wrote together in M1010 or something like that. The events of the book take place in 945 or something, so if several decades later they're writing together, that's got to indicate something hasn't it??
    I hope so anyways.

Hi everybody,

my question is how long will it take ur book to publish (the crow) as i really like ur series. My second question is how long will it take for it to be published in Great Britain because the covers there look so much better than the cover avalible in australia.

i know they're very cool covers

WOW this is my first post, isn't that exciting! Anyway i have to say that i loved the books. I'm waiting for Mum to bring the 2nd one home... only about half an hour to go!!! Cadvan and Maerad so have to end up together, for that not to happen is just completly unthinkable!!! lol, i have to agree, he does sound hot, but then again i did have a crush when i was 9 on the cover art Rowan of "Rowan of Rin", if anyone remembers it... so sad!

Jelly Fetishist
    Wahay, we're getting quite a number of Cadvan-lover's now- maybe we aught to start a fanclub! I think I like him for his flaws and stuff, and he's funny too- an added bonus.
    What do you lot imagine he looks like? I usually think along the lines of Billy Crudup in 'Stage Beauty' but maybe with longer hair. It never really specifies how long it is though...hmmm *goes off to think about hot Cadvan*

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    Rowan of Rin was a sensational series. Also the Viking Magic series, for about the same age group. Is that how you came to be sucked into this whole Fantasy bend Aussie is on... or did you come via the Deltora Quests etc? Or both?

Has any of you read Pagan's Vows or any of the other Pagan stories. Do you like historical fantasy?

Do you prefer female protags who are slightly older like Maerad?

If so, what about the Gina Champion, pyschic teen sleuth, stories, or are modern supernaturals too far from the high fantasy you enjoy?

Hmmmm... I seem to read a lot of YA fantasy for a science fiction fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini
    WOW this is my first post, isn't that exciting! Anyway i have to say that i loved the books. I'm waiting for Mum to bring the 2nd one home... only about half an hour to go!!! Cadvan and Maerad so have to end up together, for that not to happen is just completly unthinkable!!! lol, i have to agree, he does sound hot, but then again i did have a crush when i was 9 on the cover art Rowan of "Rowan of Rin", if anyone remembers it... so sad!
    WOW! You are so lucky. I have had to order it from a online boookstore and it has taken forever, for them to process the deal and ship the book here to Canada. Is everyone here Australian or are there some other people here as well? I was wondering because the only reason i got the book was when i was traveling to hong kong a bookstore had a book, my mom wanted me to read a book and i decided to choose this one.

BoA Manager
    Aussie's all da way!! soz had to sayit although i'm pretty sure there are a couple of kiwi's lurking around somewhere.

*cheers alison on* (with pom-poms and all)
    Keep up the wonderful work, you're doing a faboulus job. There are very few books that i will order while over seas but this was one of them (the riddle) and was well worth the wait. i took my version of The Gift with me and am happy to tell you that it was greatly enjoyed by all who read it while i was there. Am greatly looking forward to getting my hands on 'The Crow'.
    just out of intrest did you base your major charaters Maerad and Cadvan on someone you know or have known in real-life?
    do you ever have any problems getting a story/plot on to papper? or does it all just flow like your an invisable outside observer?
    Keep up the wonderful writting, and any idea when 'The Crow' will be out in Australia?
    Seira
    聖羅

Jelly Fetishist

Smile

Actually I'm English. I was so desperate to read The Riddle that I 'persuaded' my dad to order it all the way from Australia as a xmas present. The book itself was only $.66 more than the postage- yikes! but it was definately worth the money.