I've just joined the forums here, and they have insipired me to try writing a book of my own. I just submitted the first chapter of a book I've started. The title, character names, etc are still up in the air. The main character is Raiden, and it will follow his adventures and inner conflicts as he transforms from a seasoned mercenary to a mage of tremendous power. The story wil be fast paced and full of action. Be warned, it does get a bit gory in places, but I want to demonstrate the brutality of the world he lives in.
Please post whatever you thoughts. Some things I want to know:
1. Does the story interest you so far? Do you care what happens next?
2. Is the pacing right? Is it moving too fast or too slow?
3. Is it hard to follow? Obviously there are hints throught the chapter that will be explained later, as I intend this to be a full length novel.
4. Are there obvious grammar, syntax, or repetition issues that take you out of the story?
5. If this makes it to an editor, do you think it could turn into a published book?
Thank you for your input, I value it greatly