9 24.32%
  • Icewind Dale 2

0 0%
  • Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal

8 21.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Betrayer of Hope Elan Morin Tedronai's Avatar

Who's the best RPG game?

• Well, I'd said I am very atracted to Icewind Dale series. I have played her with two heroes - Halfling (Fighter/Thief) and Dwarf (Fighter) - Ahhhhh, it rulls. I am planing of buying IWD2 and NWN soon, but I'd say that IWD 1 is one of the best games I've ever played and one of my favourites!
    • Baldur's Gate series are also one of the best Computer Role games. The storyline, the game and everything else are brilliant made.
    • Planescape Torment is also a brilliant game. The Unnamed One is one of my favourite among the Child of Bhaal and Minsk (and even Boo). The storyline is brilliant and the gameplay is one of the best - traditionally for a game of Interlay.

I voted for Baldur's Gate.

Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate 2 were both good, but I was disappointed by Neverwinter Nights. I haven't played Planescape Torment or Icewind Dale 2.

Hrmmm for actual RP'n, I think Planescape probably edges out Baldur's Gate 2 by a little. For a total look at the games, it's probably a toss up between BG2 and NWN...mostly due to the multiplayer aspects. BG2 has a better storyline and good multiplay... but NWN has a LOT of user created content and very good multiplayer.

Now, where was I?
    I voted for Baldurs Gate 2, even though I liked NWN quite a lot, but the SP is too short and too easy compared to BG2.

Dakel

I will have to strongly disagree with Dakel, I wasn't disappointed with NwN at all. It gave you a totally new view on teh Baldur's Gate series in many different ways. Well Physically, they used a different system. You could spin around viewing the whole room instead of having just one view point. The graphics were awesome, not to mention teh Aurora Toolset. I would have to say NwN was the best Forgotten Realms game out there, so far.

I would have voted for "Severance-Blade of Darkness", but alas I'm the only soul here who's heard of it.

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    severance was good in small doses

played em all accept NWN (bought a new videocard for it which turned out incompatibal w/ mainboard -.- fury)

voted bg2 but think bg1 had best storyline.. and how its told.. you uncovering clues from snippets of dialoug and finding letters between enmies? great fun first time round

"I have played her with two heroes " ya craven be a man! play it with one and without pause button (theif or ranger with stealth and bows if single player)

Class 5 Freeroaming Vapor Tacitus's Avatar
    None of the above.

Just a tad more action than RPG, but cuz I love the consistency, premise and depth of the storyline in a game I'm gonna go with the Legacy of Kain series.

where is Fallout and Fallout 2? they're interplay right? i would vote for them.

Building brave new worlds Duraccione's Avatar
    The original Baldur's Gate, with no doubt. The feeling it gave, and the depth of the story, was superior to every other game. Ah, the exciting a +1 weapon gave when found...

Christ! Never played or heard any of em!

Thumbs up

NWN, and it's about to get better with two expansion packs coming out for it. Ahhhh, RPG heaven.

??

What do you have a question about?