Question about the Ghatti´s tale

I´m not sure if this thread belongs here, if not, maybe the moderator can move it...

Anyways, I was wondering if anybody read "the Ghatti´s Tale". Cos I saw it on the shelfs of the used books store today and it seemed interresting, but I want some more information before I buy it. Because I´m just a poor student and I just bought a book a couple of weeks ago and it´s terrible!! So that´s 8 euros I´ll never see again and I don´t want that again, these are three books 4,50 each, so.....

So anybody? Is it worth the money and time?

Leisure time optimizer Moderator Nimea's Avatar
    Just so that nobody gets confused: I indeed moved this thread.

But sorry, never even heard of these books . . .

If I'm not mistaken, what you are talking about is The Ghatti's Tale, which I think is the first book in a series by Gayle Greeno. Gayle used to work in publishing and she writes well.

In The Ghatti's Tale, as I remember it, some colonists on a planet have ended up bonding telepathically with native large cat creatures, the Ghatti, and teams of ghatti-humans operate as sort of travelling investigators-judges. If you like science fantasy sort of tales, like Anne McCaffrey's Pern books or C.J. Cherryh's Rider at the Gate series (sf wearing fantasy trappings,) you'll probably like this one. It's not quite as sweeping and complex as some others, but it has a solid story and fun characters.

Have you any way of obtaining sf/f titles at your local or school library?

Registered as What?
    I read Finders- Seekers about six months ago and really enjoyed it. It had mixture of a children's tale and that of a more adult fantasy. I would have read more , but couldn't find the second book in any stores and I have such a pile of books that need to be read that I haven't gotten back to Ms. Greeno's series.

Quote Originally Posted by KatG

Have you any way of obtaining sf/f titles at your local or school library?
    Yeah, but that's mostly dutch and I don't like to read in dutch. the english books at the library are mostly some books that got lost and ended up in the library, not very good books. And the school library only has study books

But thnx, for the info about the books!