Question Sequels & Prequels can anyone help please?

Hi

I am writing 3 sequels and 3 prequels of an adventure story. Question is what do I call them in publishing parlance? Say if I write to a publisher or literary agent, do I say here’s Title of Book: bla, bla, bla - Episode 1, 2 etc. or what? I'll be starting with 3 sequels followed by 3 prequels therefore:

Episode: 4, 5 & 6 - then, episode: 1, 2 & 3

Many thanks in anticipation

Is your name George and have you invented a time machine?

J

That might be called a cycle - begining, middle and end. Especially with it being three sets of trilogies.

Thanks guys but I am none the wiser!

Blog Entries
    Icecool;

Is the first book written? Or at least in first draft? I would get that done first, then worry about contacting agents/publishers. An agent or publisher buying a book from a query letter/synopsis is one in a million shot, very rare.

If you have the book written work on selling that, you can mention in your submission letter that is is one of a series you have planned concerning A) this world or B) these characters, but I would make damn sure that the first book does have at least an acceptable ending. Say this adventure is over for now. You might write your series, but even if the first is published the rest might not make it.