Introducing myself

I guess I should introduce myself properly. After all, no one is going to believe what Sheepie had to say on the other thread, are they?

I am an Australian by birth.
    In years: ancient. (At heart, still a baby.)
    Profession: started as a teacher, ended up a field ornithologist, hence all the present gadding about in rainforest and peatswamps and mangroves. And always, always a writer - even when I wasn't published.
    Residence: Now living in Malaysia, but constantly travelling to see a daughter in the US, another in Scotland, family in Australia…and I’m also beginning to get hooked on going to sff conventions.
    Writing experience, in years: 50. (Ok, so I started young).
    Publication history: started with non-fiction when I was in my forties: glossy travel and environment magazines.
    First novel published: 1999. A fantasy called Havenstar, published in UK under my married name of Glenda Noramly, to good reviews. Nine months later the publishing imprint went belly up. And there is absolutely no truth to the rumour that the book was so bad it sank a whole publishing house… (I comfort myself with the thought that it was translated into Russian and German and as far as I know those publishers are still extant!)
    Books now in print: the trilogy The Isles of Glory, published by Voyager, HarperCollins Australia. Also being translated into Russian and German. Coming out in USA on the Ace (Penguin) imprint in 2005-6.
    Future books: another trilogy coming out in Australia in 2006-7, called The Mirage Makers. Another book under consideration by a publisher in the UK, called Droughtmaster.

And that’s about it…

Marianne de Pierres
    Hi Glenda,

thought I'd pop in and say Hi!

I think we might share the same US publisher (Ace/Roc?).
    I have a forum here also. Hope to catch at a con sometime if you ever get to those things.

best

Marianne de Pierres

PS (Oz NatCon is in Brisbane next year)

Hi Marianne - thanks for dropping by.

Saw a whole stack of your books at Kuala Lumpur airport the other day...

I'm going to Continuum - will you be there? I'm not sure about Brisbane though. Would costs me a packet to get to Queensland from here!

Marianne de Pierres
    Hi Glenda,

think I might make it there now I'm not going to Glasgow, so lets catch up

Glad to here Parrish is evident in KL. I think a Thai edition is coming out in due course.

Hope the writing is going well

best
    MDP