Thread: Current Affairs

Hybrid View

Lord of Wallumbilla Gregorius_H's Avatar

Angry Current Affairs

I hate current affair programs.

I was just watching a current affair (the australian one) and was basically watching a piece about how, if I go into the water sharks are going to eat me alive, and there's nothing I can do about it.

last night there was a piece on about how, as a seventeen year old, I'm responsible for all violence in society. Well, me and video games and rap music (and non-whites).

There was a piece on awhile ago where they sat kids down in front of MA15+ games and made observations as to the children's behaviour afterwards. Isn't that incredibly irresponsible of them? making children play violent games as a part of some experiment?

I'm getting sick of current affairs shows blaming aboriginals for all of the country''s problems. I never hear about anything violent caused by white guys. I live in the region with the second highest murder rate in queensland (eleven murders per one thousand people) and I haven't seen any aboriginals around these parts.

There was a piece awhile back about how dangerous chemicals were being put into my honey. The fact they managed to omit was that these were being put as one part per thousand. they dangerous limit was one hundred part per thousand. Weren't going to tell me that, though, were you? Not enough ratings that way...

As the impressionable youth that I am, I'm slowly being led to believe -

a) all non-white people want to kill me/ steal from me/ destroy the fabric of which my world has been created.
    b) That honey is evil.
    c) Going to the beach is fatal.
    d) Every small business owner is a crook, and i should only do business with the more 'reputable' multi-national conglomerates.
    e) I shouldn't give money to charity, because they're all crooks as well.
    f) I shouldn't read/watch/listen to/play anything where people get killed.
    g) But I should join the army.

And as I'm writing this, there's an article on about a butcher's shop. Some woman is taking them to court because one of the guy's asked her if she wanted a rack of lamb. Yeah a RACK of lamb. They must be satan!

Someone please shoot me.

*shoots you*

yeh, the most recent event I remember was when GTA: San Andreas was released and there were massive debates as to whether it should be banned.

If you can be encouraged to commit murder because of a video game there was already something severely wrong with you.

It's a parents excuse for them raising their children horribly. I'm sorry, but I have never met a group of teenagers that doesn't have a majority of those who take drugs or riddilin. Sure, some people might need it. In my opinion, however, it makes it work. I wasn't and never will take that kind of stuff for fear of what it will do to me, not what'll happen if I don't. Anyways...

Teenagers in this age are taking more of a load on their shoulders, but the responsibility it takes to carry it has dropped considerably. Some people think they are going to be 13 all their lives, and some don't even grow up. I was walking into a gamestop and was browsing for Prince of Persia II, and I heard this kid walk in. That's right, I said HEARD. He was jumping for joy at the mere SIGHT of games. It's what he said that made me feel odd. "Yaay! Guns! Guns!"... That's not done by playing the games, that's the parents either letting them play games rated above their age or because that child's parents are a bunch of rednecks... I am sorry for you, Gregarious. I have heard of this as well, and it makes me sick. I've even seen this happen on the NEWS! It's plain SICK. That's why I like Michael Moore even... well... more! He explains it very well. Marilyn Manson isn't supposed to be a scapegoat. I mean, c'mon. You should see what happens in the Iraq war, it's sick what our OWN SOLDIERS do... You think we're bad playing games?!

Poor parenting is to blame. There used to be a day and age when parents took their kids to sports events for their and used to show up. I mean I am just an uncle to my Nephew and I feel that most of the time I do more for him than his own father does. Parents need to get it straight. The most important thing is your family at home not your job. You can lose that big pormotion and it doesn't matter as long as you can provide for your family.

Oh and Mercancapeman please ease up on our troops you may not like what they do but at least appreciate that they are willing to do that which you cannot.

You stand corrected. I apologize. I do respect that they are being put out into a horrible place where no person belongs, be they kids or not. I simply refer to seperate incidents involved with innocent killing, and I do not wish to accuse the soldiers who do nothing wrong. You stand corrected.