Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar

Metal Gear Solid: The Movie

Okay, so the rumours are starting to appear on messageboards around the globe and in a Spanish Movie Magazine recently, Christian Bale hinted that he may have landed the role of Snake...

Another actor linked with the role is Hugh Jackman...

So who would you prefer, Bale or Jackman and are you looking forward to the movie if it materializes?

Future suicide victim
    I've only played Metal Gear Solid 2 with most of the focus on Raiden. Storyline was really confusing so I don't know if the public can buy it. Although it does raise some issues about information control which to some degree, I agree with the bad guys' ideas. Scary eh?

No more Hugh Jackman. His face is everywhere already. I have nothing against him but I just hate it when star power is more the focus on movies rather than the storyline.

Bale... Oh yeeeah. The star of Equilibrium? Hell yeah.

He's also batman. That's gotta count for something!

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    Yea, he was also in Reign of Fire and was the American Psycho!!!

This is the first I've heard....

I'd have to say Bale

Yeah, bale was the kid off of "Empire of the Sun", too. If Bale gets a goatee or a beard, he'd be perfect! (messy hair too...)

I've seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way!
    I think I'd only go see the movie if he hooked up with Lara Croft!

I don't know the Hugh guy. I don't much care who the actor is, it'll be an over done one man-war movie. All cool... I expect the movie will be something like what happened with the Bourne Identity. The primary connection between the book and the movie was the names of the characters... Still, if they can recreate the feel of the game, the movie should be very cool.

Lord of Wallumbilla Gregorius_H's Avatar
    Definately Bale. I'm not sure what a metal gear movie would be like because, after all, aren't the games just movies with little segments you can play? (not that that's a bad thing).

I'd say Bale too because using my mind I can't picture how Hugh Jackman could play the role good.

But I'm not a big fan of MGS, most people say Splinter Cell ripped that game off but I still like it alot better then MGS.

I can see how someone chose Hugh Jackman, though. His rugged beard and wolverine look. You know the pic of Snake, the drawing? Yeah, Hugh Jackman could fit. Otherwise, Bale is much better.

Christian Bale would be sweet but I'm not convinced he's the only one who could pull it off.

masochistic biscuit
    I may be wrong, but wasn't the original Metal Gear game based on a film anyway?