Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blade of Tyshalle

Will this be re-issued? It's ridiculously expensive and very hard to find right now.

I've been wondering this as well; I'm on my 2nd copy of the book, and it's just about read to tatters. I'm having a difficult time finding a replacement and I'd prefer to get it new.

My guess is that when Caine Black Knife publishes later in the year, Del Rey will reissue both this and Heroes Die.

Wow, I had no idea Blade had become so expensive! I just bought a few copies of Heroes Die for about $10 each (Australian$$) but the last copy of Blade I bought was years ago, for a regular price. I just had a quick look and even the 'cheap' places online are selling regular mass market editions for US$30+.

Yeah, I hope they'll be re-issuing the lot (with a new cover for HD).

Any news?

So, Caine Black Knife will be released very soon. Any news on a re-issue of Blade of Tyshalle?

I would really like to read it but currently it is stupidly expensive...

BLADE OF TYSHALLE will be re-issued as an e-book. The on-sale date, however, is still uncertain.

The mill of Del Rey grinds slowly . . .

Thank you for the information. This is better than nothing I guess, although personally I do not like ebooks.

In related news I just got lucky and ordered a used copy from abebooks.com for US$ 1 plus US$ 6,90 for shipping to Germany. Yay!

When I checked there last time the cheapest copy was around US$ 30. There was also another seller listing a copy for US$ 1,78. So, if anyone else is looking for a copy this might be a good deal.

I am not a fan of ebooks, is it possible to read Black Knife without reading Blades of Tyshalle first? I still plan on getting Blades of Tyshall but it will probably take a bit to track it down.

I suppose you could read Caine Black Knife without reading Blade of Tyshalle, but you'd really be missing out on quite a bit.

Stover's blog just updated that Del Rey will release Blade of Tyshalle in e-book form on December 9th.

*** Emperor of Mumbojumbo
    AAArgh. I've just finished Heroes Die and now I have to find out I cant get a copy of Tyshalle for less than 30$ -.-
    Ebooks don't count. I want to hold dead tree in my hands when I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabada View Post
    AAArgh. I've just finished Heroes Die and now I have to find out I cant get a copy of Tyshalle for less than 30$ -.-
    Ebooks don't count. I want to hold dead tree in my hands when I read.
    Just so you know:

E-books count for me.

That is, I get royalties on the e-book (that is, I get credits in the BoT royalty account -- some tens of thousands of copies need still be sold before I get an actual check). Those thirty-buck-plus used copies pay me nothing at all.

Just so you know.

Hmm, I guess I should count myself lucky that I found a copy for five buck. Now if only I could snag a copy of Heroes Die for the same price!

Heroes Die is also available as an e-book -- for about seven bucks, if my memory serves. It's also still in print (theoretically) as a mass-market paperback, for about eight bucks.

So I finally gave up on finding a printed copy of Blade, but now I'm even having trouble buying the e-book. Del Rey doesn't seem to have it, eReader refuses to sell it to us lowly Swedes and Amazon seems to offer it in a very proprietary format (either for their Kindle device, or the iPhone app "Kindle for iPhone" -- which doesn't seem to exist).

Can someone with some e-book experience tell me just how I can go about buying this goddamn thing in a format that doesn't kill my eyes and preferably is readable on an iPhone? DRM, proprietary formats and devices, country restrictions... geez, it's like they don't even WANT my money >.>

Edit: Just found out that "Kindle for iPhone" is simply not available in Sweden, which I suppose rules out Amazon entirely. I think there's an impression our money smells of moose or something
    Last edited by noaxark; May 14th, 2009 at 06:01 AM.