Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    The dwarves singing gave me goosebumps.

Only Peter Jackson can pull that off.

BLOOD FREASH TASTY BLOOD gollumbells's Avatar
    End of this year and it shall be out =D

(Yeah, old thread I know :P First time back on these forums for years and found this in my user CP )

I so hope this captures the magic that the fellowship of the ring created.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gollumbells View Post
    First time back on these forums for years
    Welcome back!

BLOOD FREASH TASTY BLOOD gollumbells's Avatar
    I remember you Evil agent!

Thanks, I shall try and hang around more often.

Too many books to read... Siberian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glelas View Post
    The dwarves singing gave me goosebumps.

Only Peter Jackson can pull that off.
    Let's just hope the said Peter Jackson is not going to turn the dwarves into the dumb sidekicks like he did with poor Gimli

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
    Let's just hope the said Peter Jackson is not going to turn the dwarves into the dumb sidekicks like he did with poor Gimli
    Yes, Gimli was pretty much comic relief but somehow he still came across like a bad ass.

2nd Trailer

Here's the second trailer for the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Hard to believe it's been 9 months since the last trailer! I'm glad they spaced it out, though, instead of flooding us with trailers all year.

Also, I don't think anyone in this thread has yet mentioned the news about expanding The Hobbit into a trilogy. I was a bit worried at first, but now I'm just excited. A whole new trilogy... it's hard to believe!
    Last edited by Evil Agent; September 19th, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

2 weeks to go!

Well, only two weeks left until we get to see THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY!

I already have my tickets, for opening day. HFR 3D (48 frames per second). I'm getting really excited. I'm reminded of the final weeks before the release of The Fellowship of the Ring (11 years ago). Can't wait to return to Middle-earth on Friday Dec. 14th.

I'll be back to post my thoughts/review, as I'm sure others will.

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
    I just re read The Hobbit (first reread since I was a kid, so it was kinda like reading it for the first time again), and I actually got the impression that the dwarves are like silly sidekicks. There is a lot of funny stuff in there, particularly with Bombur.

Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    I just re read The Hobbit (first reread since I was a kid, so it was kinda like reading it for the first time again), and I actually got the impression that the dwarves are like silly sidekicks. There is a lot of funny stuff in there, particularly with Bombur.
    I'm reading The Hobbit for the first time right now. I have a few questions.

Is this just one book? My book says "The Hobbit - Or There and Back Again". Like it's a secondary title. But it's also the title of the final movie in this Trilogy? I know LOTR was technically only one book as well. Is this the same scenario? Seems like a pretty small book to make 3 movies from.

I tried reading LOTR and couldn't get through it about 10years ago when I first started reading for fun. I thought it was just not a good first book to start with. But now reading The Hobbit, I'm wondering if I simply don't like Tolkein's style. It's too wishy-washy. Too silly? It's like a goofy fun fantastical journey. Probably going to be a really nice movie, but reading the book...i'm struggling.

I also couldn't get through Wizard of Earth Sea for much the same reasons. Do I just not like "old-school" authors? Do most of the older authors have a prose or style like this, or are these 2 unique?

The Hobbit, like The Lord of the Rings, is a single novel. "Or There and Back Again" is the subtitle.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Hobbit, like The Lord of the Rings, is a single novel. "Or There and Back Again" is the subtitle.
    Unlike the Peter Jackson movie, in which case it is 'There and Back again, and again, and, ooh look, a third time.' *grin*
    Mark

Oh, this thread makes me feel old!

From Page 1, March 2005:

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    ...That article says [The Hobbit] is at least 3 years away (I think 5 years is a more likely bet).
    If I'd only known then that it would be another 7 or 8 years... LOL!

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote from the Guardian newspaper. Don't think they'll be using this one in their advertising!

Below a headline that describes the film as being "perfectly OK" sits the legend: "It's not as bad as you feared, not as good as you hoped."
    Mark

It was really goddamn good. Far better than I was expecting and after that first trailer I was expecting it to be very good. Whole movie was like a love-song to this entertaining notion we have of fantasy dwarves. Get crazy you guys, this **** is money!