Battlestar Galactica 2.5 on DVD
An epic tale of intergalactic survival continues when Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 soars onto DVD on September 19, 2006 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The explosive second half of Season Two of one of the most talked about shows on television arrives on a three-disc set with 11 episodes, including a DVD exclusive of the extended mid-season cliffhanger "Pegasus." Presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, the action-packed science fiction phenomenon comes with over 10 hours of special features, including deleted scenes, podcasts and a behind-the-scenes look with Battlestar Galactica’s executive producer David Eick. Battlestar Galactica, a daring 21st century adventure, with eye-popping action, groundbreaking visuals and intriguing characters, is the winner of a 2005 Peabody Award for Achievement in Electronic Media.
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 picks up the saga of the human survivors of a brutal century-long war with an exclusive-to-DVD extended version of midseason nail-biter "Pegasus." As they race toward the fabled home of mankind, Earth, the ragtag band of refugees are pursued by the relentless robots that have destroyed their home planets. Fighting for their lives, the band is also endangered by the presence of traitorous human alliances with the Cylon menace. Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell return as Commander William "Husker" Adama, and President Laura Roslin, the lynchpins of the unlikely alliance that holds the survivors together. The brilliant cast also includes Jamie Bamber (Band of Brothers), Katee Sackhoff (Halloween: Resurrection), James Callis (Bridget Jones’ Diary), Tricia Helfer (Behind the Camera: the Unauthorized Story of Charlie’s Angels), and Grace Park (Producer/Host of "Canada’s Next Top Model"). The DVD is priced at $49.98 SRP. Preorder close is August 15, 2006.
Exclusive Bonus Material
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 includes an array of bonus features that will delight and surprise hardcore fans and new viewers, including:
- Ronald D. Moore's Podcast Commentaries – Producer Ronald D. Moore provides a behind-the-scenes peek at the making of Battlestar Galactica., previously available only online.
- David Eick's Video Blog – Producer David Eick takes viewers onto the set to reveal the inner workings of Battlestar Galactica, including a personal tour of the new Battleship Pegasus.
- Audio Commentary – More insider information from Eick and Moore about the expanded midseason cliffhanger "Pegasus."
- RND TV Logos - A compilation of the animated logos at the end of each show - depicting the two executive producers - David Eick and Ronald D. Moore - killing each other off in creative ways.
- Deleted Scenes – All new and never aired on TV!
Battlestar Galactica is the gripping saga of humanity's last remnants and their struggle to find a new home while fleeing from their deadly Cylon enemies. Redefining the space opera with its gritty realism, Galactica has distinguished itself by the intensity and present day relevance of its stories and the command performances of its ensemble cast. The series confronts everything from religion, politics and sex, to what it really means to be "human." Galactica has struck a chord with audiences, who have made it one of the most talked about series on television. Season three of Battlestar Galactica is slated to premiere on SCI FI Channel in October 2006.