Australian Speculative Fiction

Erebus

Keeping The Equilibrium
Joined
Mar 4, 2001
Messages
2,026
I finally received my copy of Australian Speculative Fiction: A Genre Overview today, and it looks really first class. As a sort of coffee table book, it's a wonderful guide and resource for us struggling, Aussie spec-fic writers, and genre artists as well. :)

There's even a few of us SFFW members gracing the pages.

You can read what Horror Scope had to say about it HERE, and also find links and info on where you can grab a copy for yourself, if you don't have one already.
 
Hi Neil - I got my copy too, and it's great to see you included ;-)

It's a nice looking book.

Cheers
Simon
 
Thanks, Simon, and likewise for your inclusion of course. :)

It will be interesting to see how the publication will evolve in future editions. Donna has done herself proud.
 
Do you know if the collection includes anything by the super Ozzy writer, Geoff Maloney?
 
Yes, he's also included. But it's not actually our work thats been compiled in the publication, but interviews and bios etc.
 
Last edited:
Rocket Sheep said:
My copy's on order. Should be here any day.

Well, I can tell you that you look great in it! ;)

Hope it arrives for you soon. Mine took ages as well, and a few frantic emails to and fro with Donna. She must be so stressed at the moment.
 
Really? I sent a really ordinary photo... er... just quietly

Does Donna run the little bookshop too?
 
Yes, I believe the book store on the ASF site is another of Donna's projects as well.
 
I got my copy today. It's great. Lots of great info about writers and artists and the people behind the anthologies. I've heard lots of people speak on the radio etc, and some of the faces are quite different to what I expected.

Your photos are both very nice. Very handsome and poised. Not just snaps outside, squinting in the heat, with your hair frizzing, that've been cut in half to take out most of Nalo Hopkinson bar one dreadlock (I think I chose the wrong photo but... I don't think anyone will recognise me from mine... unless I have a hangover or I'm sitting outside squinting in the heat with my hair frizzing next to a free-roaming dreadlock).
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top