Dresden Files

Hey OneRedFrog.

Yeah its best to start at the first book as they all sort of mesh together. Each novel is a stand alone story but things that happen in one novel can impact events in the next or the one after. They're all very good and well written with very strong characters that grow and change through out the books. I actually did something similar to you, I picked up the Dresden files at Dead Beat and read that first. I liked it so much I got the first six and started from the beginning and I am glad I did. Keep in mind its urban fantasy , so its set in modern day times with wizards and vampires and other mythical creatures. I like to think of it as a cross between Buffy, Charmed and a little bit of Harry Potter amped up a few notches.

There are also 14 books now. Cold Days came out late last year.
 
Last edited:
I've read them all and I think they are great. I'm currently trying to get into the Iron Druid books but I find them less entertaining and a little more predictable than Dresden.
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top