Wojciehowicz
Bewildered Visitor
- Joined
- May 12, 2011
- Messages
- 173
I have been avoiding reading in sci-fi and fantasy for a while, so as to avoid subconsciously taking in other people's styles. I'm trying to get my own down. So, I haven't noted whether there is such a thing as fantasy/adventure that takes place on an alien world. That is, the ancient mythology of an alien race not involving humans or the usual human story touches like elves and dwarves and so forth.
Are there examples of such a thing?
I've been working of late on some fleshing out of the ancient history of Wahlan and the Hallain, especially the several plagues that swept their largest continent over the millenia (causing violent insanity and aggression, nearly wiping out their civilization a number of times). Would there be any possibility of this being reasonable or am I just wasting time on something that amuses me more than it would someone else?
Are there examples of such a thing?
I've been working of late on some fleshing out of the ancient history of Wahlan and the Hallain, especially the several plagues that swept their largest continent over the millenia (causing violent insanity and aggression, nearly wiping out their civilization a number of times). Would there be any possibility of this being reasonable or am I just wasting time on something that amuses me more than it would someone else?

