How did you get here?

I was doing author searches on google. I clicked link after link and eventually landed here. I lurked around for a while before posting and then got up my nerve to introduce myself. Of course I was asking for books that were my style and I of course got re-directed to older threads with recommendations. Thus, my existence here began like many others. Humiliation = Initiation .

:p :p :p
 
Like Trent, I have no friends that read as avidly as I do (pretty sad since I am a librarian!). I clearly remember specifically what drove me out onto the internet to find like minded folks to chat with. I had just finished Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings and I found it so completely horrible that I felt that if I wasn't able to bitch about it, I would just burst! So, that was my first post, and I was relieved to find many people who agreed with me.

You haven't been able to get rid of me since! I see no reason to seek out any other forums because I think there's a diversity of views to keep me entertained and reading!
 
i found out about this site because i was searching google for a site with a lot of fantasy short stories, and this great site popped up so i took a look at it. i am impressed. i just looked around for about 3 months before i actually signed up
 
Google also brought me here. I was searching for fantasy sites in order to find new authors- I needed something to tide me over since my favorites seem to be caught in the same publishing cycle...
 
Someone asked for suggestions for a Fantasy forum on another forum I'm a member of (www.thedvdforums.com), so seeing as I've been reading fantasy novels (and like fantasy films/PC games) for nearly 30 years, I thought I'd pop along;)
 
I was searching for Science Fiction sites and found this one. I don't usually join message boards but this one was different from most of them I'd seen. It's more adult, intelligent, and international. I love that. Glad to be here (even if it's only intermittantly).

Susan
 
well i'm a member of my school's online newspaper (check my profile for the link and please visit :D ... shameless advertising much??)
and i was just typing in random URLs in since i was bored, as happens quite frequently in class, happened upon this and lurked here for a little while. like juzzza i had certain uh message board stereotypes but this one seemed pretty safe so i joined up eventually
 
i'd abandoned fantasy/sci fi novels some years ago, and found myself picking them back up after a renewed interest in CRPGS. i believe i was looking for reviews of forgotten realms books (r.a. salvatore) but after finding these forums, I've moved on to less restrictive fantasy worlds.

oh yeah, google.
 
As with most, I also Googled my way in here (wish I'd thought of that site, I bet those russians are minted now). Unlike most though I signed up straight away as I hadn't done anything like this before so I wanted to take a leap of faith. Glad I did as this is the only forum that has ever kept me interested enough to keep visiting regularly (not that I post that often). Thanks
 
My Friend told me about this site and after looking around for two days or so I sighed up....:)
 
How I got here

I heard a lot about this site from another Sci-Fi forum and thought I would check it out.
 
I was looking for fantasy webzines or magazines which take short stories, and I found this site listed on a Google directory. After signing up for the sffworld webzine I visited the site a few times and read some stories and reviews. It was only after I'd been here a few times that I even noticed there was a discussion forum. I immediately joined and I'm glad I did, because I've met a lot of super people here. :)
 
Yup, like everybody and their dog i found my way here through Google, having searched for TCTC reviews.. been on lot of forums for a while now but this was my first book one and was a pleasant discovery. Good bunch of chaps and chapesses and well modded :D
 
Like a lot of other people I found this place after googling for book reviews. I was also on the lookout for a F&SF specific writing forum, and hey! this place met those needs too!

Lurked for a long time before I signed up and began to post, and am glad I did.
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top