Contrarius
You talkin' to me??
- Joined
- May 16, 2011
- Messages
- 3,932
Just to show how desperate I can get to avoid work --
I spent a little time this afternoon tallying the Sad Puppy "recommendations" list for the Novel Hugos this afternoon. Note: this list is still open, so the numbers will no doubt change by the end of the nomination period.
Also note: on some posts it was hard to tell whether it was an actual nomination or simply a "yeah, that was a good book" post -- and I ignored posts that "nominated" more than five books. I also did not check for eligibility or double voting. And another caveat, there seemed to be a fair amount of sockpuppet/let's-vote-for-my-buddy voting. So my totals may not exactly reflect "official" totals once they come out.
That said, the top eleven picks so far (I included eleven because of ties) are:
#7 -- Ancillary Mercy
#7 -- The Just City
#6 -- Strands of Sorrow
#5 -- A Long Time Until Now
#5 -- Nethereal
#5 -- Son of the Black Sword
#4 -- Seveneves
#3 -- The Aeronaut's Windlass
#2 -- Uprooted
#1 -- Honor at Stake
#1 -- Somewhither
Interesting list. I was especially interested that Uprooted came out so high on the list, as well as The Just City and Ancillary Mercy! And I really want to check out Honor at Stake now.
I spent a little time this afternoon tallying the Sad Puppy "recommendations" list for the Novel Hugos this afternoon. Note: this list is still open, so the numbers will no doubt change by the end of the nomination period.
Also note: on some posts it was hard to tell whether it was an actual nomination or simply a "yeah, that was a good book" post -- and I ignored posts that "nominated" more than five books. I also did not check for eligibility or double voting. And another caveat, there seemed to be a fair amount of sockpuppet/let's-vote-for-my-buddy voting. So my totals may not exactly reflect "official" totals once they come out.
That said, the top eleven picks so far (I included eleven because of ties) are:
#7 -- Ancillary Mercy
#7 -- The Just City
#6 -- Strands of Sorrow
#5 -- A Long Time Until Now
#5 -- Nethereal
#5 -- Son of the Black Sword
#4 -- Seveneves
#3 -- The Aeronaut's Windlass
#2 -- Uprooted
#1 -- Honor at Stake
#1 -- Somewhither
Interesting list. I was especially interested that Uprooted came out so high on the list, as well as The Just City and Ancillary Mercy! And I really want to check out Honor at Stake now.

