January 2012 Flash Fiction Contest

Merik7

Registered User
Joined
Feb 14, 2011
Messages
101
Happy new year everybody. Only 355 days to go before the Mayans laugh hysterically at us for completely misunderstanding their culture and civilization.

In honor of this not so alarming apocalypse, I hereby declare this month's theme to be:

*Prophecy*

All entries must be completed by January 27th. 1,000 word maximum. Did I miss anything?

Good luck, and happy writing! (blows noisemaker).
 
Last edited:
Perhaps the due date needs some rethinking-hey someone had to point it out.
Great theme.
 
I have written one story but for once I will let it simmer for a while before posting it. Maybe I can improve it, maybe I get a better idea, who knows.
 
Thank you to everyone who voted for my story last month! I got a great sense of achievement knowing that I could even get people to enjoy my writing :D

Definitely will be entering this month's - the theme should be interesting. Good luck all!
 
Here's my attempt for this month: The Three Sisters

Hopefully I'll be able to properly read and comment on everyone else's entries this time (I was ridiculously busy over Christmas).
 
Here's my entry for this month: Escape

Hope you all enjoy it. Please do let me know what you think.
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top