New look

Shehzad

High Priest of Cainism
Joined
Jul 12, 2000
Messages
3,061
I like it: its clean and looks nice. It'll take me a little while to get used to some of the stuff but its definitely an improvement.
 
Good job Dag, very impressive although it looks a bit like a word document - my smilies don't work at the mo either :(
 
kater said:
Good job Dag, very impressive although it looks a bit like a word document - my smilies don't work at the mo either :(

Yes the do...:eek:
 
Last edited:
Could you please update the address of the Playroom link? I'm too lazy to put it into my favorites, just three little letters.....what I don't get is why the big grin smiley is smiling, he's obviously sick....
 
eeeeeeehm

Mmh, the new look needs getting used to. Where are my black dots? ;) Just kidding, at least the feature to see where you posted is still there.

But what I personally feel as an total disadvantage is the structure within a thread. That the member info is above the posting instead of the left side does not help the readability. It's like the text flow is broken up everytime. Even when you look at the printable version . . .

Sorry, guys, to start whining right away, but this was always my favourite forum not only because of the content but also the design. And even so I can get used to new design, this thread thing is really making me . . . well, almost sad. Frustrated?

And I can't use the smileys properly! I definitely would need some more in this text, but clicking on them doesn't work and I don't know all the combinations for them . . . okay, this might be due to my inability . . .

:)

edited to add: the break being very big with Hobbit's avatar. :p <- see, I remembered one more
And again readabilty (because I just spent some time reading threads) - it is not so easy on the eyes to read a text over the whole width of the screen (especially if the screen is big - but that is still wishful thinking for me ;) ) ...
 
Last edited:
I agree with Nimea for the most part, and some of these emoticons look quite horrible... :D :p

*shudders* ;)
 
The new look is an improvement. However, I had trouble getting results through the search function.

Also, I know you need to make money by selling advertisements, but the excess amount of pop-up ads is making me visit this site less and less - and I sure hope they don't contain any computer virus'.
 
ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :o

Oh well I guess this is one way to get rid of me.
 
Love the new clean look. Very fresh and professional loooking! The extra and improved features like drop down menus etc. is also a big plus, making the forum a lot easier to use. Many thanks, Dag for keeping the forum on the cutting edge of technology. :)
 
Again

Yeah, the drop down menus are good.

But just to keep it up: what about the readability?
Because, you know, after some more reading and browsing this forum I feel how much it is disturbing my enjoyment.

:(
 
Ahhh, to be avatarless.

Can't add one (and I really wanted to *sigh*) cause it says "Use avatars?" and the only option is "no" :)
 
I'm with Nimea on the User Info Bars being a little disruptive. Is there a way to keep this look, but have the old style layout: info on the left, text on the right? It kept us from having to read all the way across the screen, which is hard on the eyes to keep track and also doesn't break up the general flow so much.
 
I hate to say it, but I kinda like the user info as a top bar. I disliked having to scroll to the right to read the whole message and then scroll back to see the writer. This way, I only have to scroll up and down and not side to side as well. It is not terribly space efficient, but it is more user friendly.

All in all, I too, was taken aback by the look and it will take a while to get used to. Yet, I like it so far.

I miss not seeing the number of members at the top of the front page. We were so close to 3000, that I was checking that stat daily. But really not a big deal.
 
Kamakhya said:
I miss not seeing the number of members at the top of the front page. We were so close to 3000, that I was checking that stat daily. But really not a big deal.

It is still on the front page, just at the bottom now instead. :)
 
Have changed the user info to be on the left again, for now at least. Updated the FunZone link also, so it should be working now.

Will probably make more changes as we go along also, lots of new features that I haven't quite figured out how to use yet.

Dag
 
Dag said:
Will probably make more changes as we go along also, lots of new features that I haven't quite figured out how to use yet.

Dag
*groan*

He's going to break it, isn't he...

*covers eyes*
 
arr! piss off you annoying little pop-up boxes! - you drive me MAD!
sorry, just needed to rant.

ok, yeah, i REALLY like the new look, it reminds me of Imperial Leather soap.......if any of you guys know what that is! hehe!

yay!
 
Dag said:
Have changed the user info to be on the left again, for now at least. Updated the FunZone link also, so it should be working now.

Will probably make more changes as we go along also, lots of new features that I haven't quite figured out how to use yet.

Dag

That was good, I prefer having the user-info to the left... :)
Anyways, after the first minutes shock, the changes aren't that bad, like the blue colours :) Great job...

Bel
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top