Reading Fantasy/Horror in October 2026

It is! You say it depicts events in the book? I see the two creatures' heads in the silhouette, but what's the thing on the right? I think it's a human, but it's not defined enough to really tell.
Yes, I think it’s a person in silhouette wearing a wolf-skin cape.
 
Might be a Europe/US thing... it happens, sometimes. (But it is now there.... thank you!)

This one's my cover:

View attachment 1094

For it's time, I enjoyed it a lot. You've pointed out the issues of the time - mainly male readership, mainly (if not all) male characters, women, if there, often being shown as a shrieking, shrinking violet. But yes, there's still creepy moments. Very much of that Weird Tales type era.
It’s a good cover! Accurate as well, depicting something described in the story.
 
2443516.jpg


I finished An Autumn War by Daniel Abraham. Book 3 in The Long Price Quartet.
Wow! These just keep getting better and better. I love it when books don't go the way I expect them to and the way they go is so much better than what I thought. I can't wait to read the last one, but it'll have to wait until after Spooky Season.
 
222419255.jpg


I finished Coffin Moon by Keith Rosson.
This was so good. It's a vampire story set in the late 70's. I love the writing here. Great characters with excellent backstories. Yes, please! This was an awesome start to Spooky Season.
 
Back
Top