MrBF1V3
aka. Stephen B5 Jones
- Joined
- Nov 3, 2004
- Messages
- 2,429
It has been in the news of late, and on the radio. I guess some celebrities have been procreating again, and have in some cases, given their newly born offspring names seemingly destined to result in years of therapy, maybe.
A local radio DJ asked people to call in if they had, or knew anyone who had, an unusual name. I thought I would ask the same question here. I don't know if the audience is any larger, but I'm sure it is more world-wide.
So, how about it. Do you know anyone with an unusual name?
To answer my own question:
I went to school with a guy whose first and last name were both "Michael".
I also went to school with a guy whose name was pronounced "Ken-too", which is unusual for a blonde haired blue eyed person. I didn't figure it out until I met his dad, Ken 1.
A number of years ago I met an 8 year old girl named "Scooter", which is kind of cute when you're 8, but I wonder how it is now that she's 18.
My son goes to school with a girl whose name--which BTW is totally appropriate for who she is and what tribe she's a member of, and it's kind of cool--is "Pretty Water". Her friends call her "Pretty".
over to you....
B5
A local radio DJ asked people to call in if they had, or knew anyone who had, an unusual name. I thought I would ask the same question here. I don't know if the audience is any larger, but I'm sure it is more world-wide.
So, how about it. Do you know anyone with an unusual name?
To answer my own question:
I went to school with a guy whose first and last name were both "Michael".
I also went to school with a guy whose name was pronounced "Ken-too", which is unusual for a blonde haired blue eyed person. I didn't figure it out until I met his dad, Ken 1.
A number of years ago I met an 8 year old girl named "Scooter", which is kind of cute when you're 8, but I wonder how it is now that she's 18.
My son goes to school with a girl whose name--which BTW is totally appropriate for who she is and what tribe she's a member of, and it's kind of cool--is "Pretty Water". Her friends call her "Pretty".
over to you....
B5

