Well, here I go again. ;) [Tolkien]

Zsinj

Registered User
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
1,154
Allright, I have yet another question about LOTR. The last time I re-watched the Two Towers, I noticed the part when Treebeard said to Merry and Pippin, "Now something is about to happen that hasn't happened for an age! Entmoot!"
And that got me thinking, when was the last Entmoot and what was it about? Is it recorded anywhere in the Histories of Middle Earth?
 
Wouldn't it have been when the Entwives dissapeared? Seems a logical sort of situation to get together over.

I'm not sure on that, I certainly can't recollect it being mentioned in the histories though, teh above is just an educated guess.
 
Hmm..
"hasn't happened for an age"..
The last time they (elves & men) tried to take down Sauron? Maybe it was a war council of the Ents, and they opted out. Not really in their neck of the woods, so to speak.
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top