What System Do You Have?

What Next generation System(s) do you have?

  • Gamecube

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Xbox

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Play Station 2

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • All of the above

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Two of them

    Votes: 9 30.0%

  • Total voters
    30

Frostmourne

Frosty The Snowman...
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
1,051
I didnt include PC, because obviously you have one if you can read this.
 
what's wrong with this poll man? I can't vote either.

I have a Cube btw and I love it more dearly with each passing day.
 
I can vote, Xbox rules, Xbox Live! rules even more. Enough said.
 
Gamecube is definitely my favorite of the home systems right now. Mario Kart and Viewtiful Joe are hard to argue with.
 
I just voted.

Am a Playstation 2 fan. Just finished 'Prince of Persia', next up is 'Manhunt' and 'Silent Hill 3'.

My husband considered buying the X-box instead of the PS2 - but I won. ;) And he is more than happy with the decision.

Kind of OT: we never play on the PC.

:)
 
Prince of Persia any good?
Nah.

IT'S GREAT!

What reviews do you read, Frostmourne? ;)

Look here.

:)
 
Originally posted by Nimea


My husband considered buying the X-box instead of the PS2 - but I won. ;) And he is more than happy with the decision.

Wise move of yours, and very good for him. Currently two PS2s in my house.

12
 
You're both wrong, get 3 Gamecubes and a Nintendo LAN. FUN FUN FUN!



And about POP......WOAH! Thats some nice reviews, I think I'll rent it and try it out
 
I was disappointed in the ps2. Not enough games have been worth buying to me. Granted, I've been much more interested in multi-player games than anything else these past few years--which probably explains why I like the GC so much--but either way, I'd hoped for more from Mr. PS2.
 
PS2 sells a whole lot more sports games then it should, while GCN has a wide variaty, which I like. Theres something for everyone. And Xbox is a PS2 wanna-be
 
Mmh, interesting. For me one of the reasons to enjoy the PS2 so much is the amount of games. Granted, there are a lot not very good games, but on the other hand there are really great ones. Especially the exclusive ones like GTA or Prince of Persia.
But it really depends on what kind of games you like.

Multi-player games are not necessarily my cup of tea, but I am eagerly awaiting the next Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath - both can be played with up to 4 players. My husband, me and our best friend are going to spend a lot of time on those two. :D

And Frostmourne, I am not interested in LAN. :p Not even very much in online games even so the PS2 is finally online in Germany.

Didn't they stop the Gamecube production? I heard that sometime ago. They seem to have enough in stock . . .

Hey, Twelve: thumps up. :)
 
Prince of Persia is on Gamecube, and GTA is on x-box, so those aren't exclusives. And PS2 definitely has the largest library of games out of the three--the library just doesn't include a great deal of what I like. If you like RPGs and sports games, though, it's probably the sytem of choice.

But I should probably mention, I play PC games more than any of the console systems. Warcraft 3 and Wolfenstien have had me hooked since the beginning of the year. But like I said, I'm a multiplayer nut.
 
Well, you are right about Prince as I see now(in Germany it is not yet out on the X-Box), but GTA was originally only for PS2 and PC as far as I know.
 
Last edited:
Wow ^ is from Germany, weird. GCN didnt stop production, but it almost did, its developing the new nintendo consol and need funds.
 
Wow ^ is from Canada, weird.:D I live in Switzerland...Germany is our big Canton. (hehe)

I must admit, Bear...you're probably the first person I've ever heard say that they can't find enough titles to play on the PS2. I wish I can clone myself so that I can find the time to play all of them.

12
 
I'm definitely in the minority, Twelve. But it's not because of system pride, or anything silly like that. I think all the systems have had their great games. Hell, I own and love a Sega Saturn (The Panzer Dragoon Series--and I'm lucky enough to own "saga", Dragon Force, Shining Force 3, Gaurdian Heroes...this system was by no means a waste).

But over the past few years, I've gotten into multiplayer games, both online and off. And if I'm gonna play online, I much, much prefer to use a PC. If I'm not gonna play online, four-player games are a must (the two control ports on ps2 drives me nuts, even though I do own a multi-tap), and IMO, nintendo can do home console multiplayer better than anyone. They make games that veterans and new players can play at the same time, which is no small feat. I like some of ps2's single player games, but not enough of them have kept me content for very long, hence my disappointment.

When it comes to single player games, oddly enough, GBA has been my system of choice. All the Castlevanias, Advanced Wars and FF Tactics have kept me nice and busy.
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top