- Joined
- Dec 7, 2009
- Messages
- 4,727
Okay, this is a discussion forum. So why am I posting about "discussion topics"? Why not just post a thread on a specific topic?
Thank you for asking!
Those who've been on the forum the past month or so have seen a few different threads from me, all linking to YouTube vids from editors and other storytellers and people who work in publishing or are just, generally members of the worldwide writing community. Friends and I have discussed the occasional vid over the years, but I recently found a few that really interested me and helped me improve my writing--specifically, I took a well polished, 2900 word short story and gave it a real mirror shine by making sentence level edits throughout that vastly improved the writing quality and reduced the length by over 300 words so I could submit to a contest. I want to share that information with you! And, hopefully, discuss the videos with you and, thereby, gain a further insight and understanding of the particular topic.
All that said, are there any specific writing topics that you are interested in learning about? @Stanley Steamboy told me today of an interest in plotting. So, I found a series of vids and posted them in the Plotting Novels thread. Then I thought, hey! we all have specific questions and, if no particular question at this moment, then we all definitely have a general interests in ____ writing-related thing. That's why I'm posting this thread.
What are your questions? What are your general interests? I'd like to post 1 topic each week, though if there's enough topics we can definitely increase the frequency. Also, if you find some piece of writing advice or other thing related to writing, editing, publishing--anything having to do with writing or the business of writing--and you would like to share, please do! Post your own thread, in your own time. I'd love to join it. If you'd rather have me, or others find something, ask us here. That's what this thread is for.
Thank you for asking!
All that said, are there any specific writing topics that you are interested in learning about? @Stanley Steamboy told me today of an interest in plotting. So, I found a series of vids and posted them in the Plotting Novels thread. Then I thought, hey! we all have specific questions and, if no particular question at this moment, then we all definitely have a general interests in ____ writing-related thing. That's why I'm posting this thread.
What are your questions? What are your general interests? I'd like to post 1 topic each week, though if there's enough topics we can definitely increase the frequency. Also, if you find some piece of writing advice or other thing related to writing, editing, publishing--anything having to do with writing or the business of writing--and you would like to share, please do! Post your own thread, in your own time. I'd love to join it. If you'd rather have me, or others find something, ask us here. That's what this thread is for.

