The Kick A** Cover Thread

3rdI

Edema Ruh
Joined
Nov 26, 2010
Messages
1,884
Post the coolest book covers in and out of the genre you have come across. The weirder the better. Nothing pornographic sadly that is against forum guidelines.
 
51unMZDPJsL._SS500_.jpg
 
lol, nice, I didn't even think of that, but you're dead on.

Also, I know you already threw down Heroes, but the UK cover deserves some props too:

The+Heroes+2.jpg
 
I chose this one because I have always been a fan of Minotaur, especially the Minotaur society in the world of Krynn. I like the idea of them being very much like the ancient Roman empire but with a more beast like edge to them. This cover does a pretty good job of capturing that to let you know that these are not the typical dumb animal versions of Minotaur.

 
lol, nice, I didn't even think of that, but you're dead on.

Also, I know you already threw down Heroes, but the UK cover deserves some props too:

The+Heroes+2.jpg

You prefer that one to the one with blood on it?
 
You prefer that one to the one with blood on it?
^ I definitely prefer the one with the axe. That whole series of Abercrombie covers (the parchment map theme) is just beautiful, and a big reason I got around to buying the books.

I also like the UK Robin Hobb cover art by John Howe, and the Alan Lee cover art for Lord of the Rings.

I think most of the Canadian Malazan covers are pretty awesome too.

Toll+the+Hounds.jpg
 
Last edited:
^ I definitely prefer the one with the axe. That whole series of Abercrombie covers (the parchment map theme) is just beautiful, and a big reason I got around to buying the books.

Sorry, that's not what I meant, let me clarify. There's one with blood dripping from the axe, which is the revised/final version of the cover posted in this thread, so just wondering if he simply overlooked it or if he actually prefers the clean/no blood one.
 
How does this thread differ from the other already large good cover art thread we have ?
 
How does this thread differ from the other already large good cover art thread we have ?

3rdI in another thread said:
We should start a bad ass cover thread. There is already a positivity one and that is cool but we need one to counter balance all the love and happy smiles.

The other one had too much love and happy smiles.
 
Sorry, that's not what I meant, let me clarify. There's one with blood dripping from the axe, which is the revised/final version of the cover posted in this thread, so just wondering if he simply overlooked it or if he actually prefers the clean/no blood one.

Ah, yea, in my haste, I did not realize the one I posted..


heroes.jpg
 
The other one had too much love and happy smiles.

Kat's thread is wonderful. Lots of great covers and positive feedback. Figured another one would be fun without any of the rules of the positivity thread. As long as the covers are within forum guidelines of course. Weird, wacky, whatever. Members can mess with each other about them (within rules) and have a little fun.

A shout out to JB on this one...all his covers are money...This one in particular rocks dude looks like he has seriously bad intentions. And that has gotta be the biggest sword of all time. I want one. JB hook me up!

90656442.JPG
 
Last edited:

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top