September 2015 Motivational Thread

Nice, RM!

I spent the past couple of days not feeling real hot, so I didn't get much done in the way of words, but I did think quite a bit about my military sci-fi novella and how best to proceed with it. It wasn't like I had much else to do since I was confined to bed or the couch. :)

One bit of good news is that the final episode of Ash & Flame's first season finally comes out next week. This will be the first one where I didn't personally compile and publish it, so I'm hoping the publishing crew don't run into any issues.
 
I want to start writing everyday again. Unfortunately, I also want to paint everyday. And eat.
Same here. In fact, that's what I'm really focusing on now. 500 new words per day at a minimum.

I know you and I can both do it, Bodhi! Don't think about getting X project done. Just think about getting the words out and the projects will take care of themselves.
 
Yes. Exactly that.

I had a hard weekend where I was really struggling. But I persevered, focused on the words and built myself a little momentum. I'm not moving fast, but I'm moving, and that's the important thing. Focusing on the words won't work for everybody, but it worked for me.

So, @Bodhi, what's an easy word count you can reach each day? Is it 500 words? 300? 250 or even 100? Whatever it is, begin there.
 
608 words today until I found a lovely little macro for Word - Count changed words can be found here in case anyone else sometimes feels unproductive while editing.

Applying that macro to my output over the last two days shows I've added 2154 words and deleted 1414. That's pretty much two steps forward one step back but it at least shows I've been working.
 
558 words typed up this morning. And now I'm at work and still writing out the story, but by hand now in my spiral notebook. Always have to have a spiral notebook. ;)
 
Ok, tack on another 830 words to today's count to get halfway through scene one of the next chapter.
 
Way to go @RedMage You're chunking right along. Finish strong.

209 words today which brings my month total to 8014. I'm in the middle of a ten day stretch so no days off for me until next month but I think I'm going to aim for 9000 words. I know it doesn't have the same ring to it as 10 000 but it's probably more achievable given the time restraints.
 
Back
Top