kennychaffin
Man of Ways and Means
- Joined
- Dec 25, 2009
- Messages
- 7,954
Finished Demon Copperhead - Great!! and now reading it's co-Pulitzer winner Trust.
As predicted, read the Connelly, Gods of Guilt. Okay, but I still much prefer the Bosch character over Haller, his half-brother lawyer.. Oddly, of the 8-10 Bosch's that I've read over the past six weeks, haven't read The Burning Room. I am sure that I will soon. My favorite Bosch lately has been A Darkness More Than Night, which introduces a couple of new characters.
Basically, you can't go wrong with any of them. I tend to prefer the earlier books where he is still an LA detective, rather than the later which has him as a semi-freelance.
Pick up one used for a buck, or better yet (my constant admonition) use the library.
SFF is still my love, but getting away for a while is a relaxing change.
I felt the same when I read Shantaram. It's hard to put down but a hectic, violent and very draining story.There is another book that takes the story further. But I think the author left this one at the right place and time. I'll probably get around to checking out the 2nd one. But I need a break from this story for a bit.
Started,"Marching With Caesar" by R.W. Peake. I was looking for something similar to the "Long War and was perusing Reddit. Started a conversation with a gentleman over there in the Historical Fiction" thread and he recommended this one. I recommended he try the Long War series. Which he is reading now.
This series is reasonably priced on Amazon. Most of the novels are under $5.00. Got the first one, "Marching With Caesar: Birth of the 10th Legion" for $2.99. It is the prequel or early life of the MC (Titus Pullus) in the apparently multi-generational series. Will review when I finish.