TV Series or Show You're Watching

Recently rewatched Season 2. Haven't started Season 3 yet, although I feared that it might plod. One more episode to go?
 
Recently rewatched Season 2. Haven't started Season 3 yet, although I feared that it might plod. One more episode to go?
I haven't started it either, but I've heard that the first several eps were really good. Then, it slowed down for a couple. I definitely need to watch some recaps before starting season 3.
 
I haven't started it either, but I've heard that the first several eps were really good. Then, it slowed down for a couple. I definitely need to watch some recaps before starting season 3.
Yeah, the first two eps were definitely meant to be at the end of season two. So it's a little strange feeling like you're starting a new season in episode three. I've enjoyed most of the season, though. A good source of entertainment for an hour a week.
 
Reacher Season 4
Agree, it's great.

Here, I watched:

Lanterns_%28TV_series%29_logo.png


Lanterns (2026) epsiode 1. I quite liked it. So far, it's a buddy cop show rather than a superhero thing.
 
I didn't mean to, but I started re-watching Fringe Season 2. I remember very little about it: Meghan Markle's in it! But really really enjoying it. It is so much better than the later seasons of The X Files.... although I may have to rewatch those to compare at some stage!

1787013585970.png
 
I've been watching Cleopatra 2525. Just finished Season 1 and will start Season 2 on the weekend. It's by the people who did Xena Warrior Princess. Plot in summary: a stripper from the 20th (maybe 21st - I think it was made in the 1990s and they are not really specific) century goes in for a "boob job" (her words) and wakes up 500 years later to find the world has been taken over by robots and she's been accidentally recruited into a Charlies Angels like team of, well I don't know what you'd call them, resisters who use their stripper skills to thwart the bad guys. The men are all idiots, robots, or evil. Most of the women other than the three main characters are kinda evil too, but in a smarter way. Amazingly, stripper skills prove vital to a number of the schemes to thwart the baddies.

Given the premise the script is actually quite good. The episodes are only 22 minutes long so they have to cut to the chase and the dialogue is actually mostly pretty funny. The sets are rubbish, the acting so-so (the main three women are great), and the costumes look like someone got mugged in CyberDog (yes that good)
 
I didn't mean to, but I started re-watching Fringe Season 2. I remember very little about it: Meghan Markle's in it! But really really enjoying it. It is so much better than the later seasons of The X Files.... although I may have to rewatch those to compare at some stage!
Speaking of The X Files, I just watched Malice which has David Duchovny in a lead role. It's not really a genre show, but a slightly gory thriller. It's about a family who hire a seemingly impressive 'manny' (a male nanny, apparently) played by Jack Whitehall. I thought it was excellent all round. Great music too!
 
I was on a long flight recently and was able to watch all the episodes of A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. I really enjoyed it and thought the cast did a good job of bringing characters from GRRM’s first Dunk and Egg novella to life.
 
I've only seen the first episode, but "I Would Rather Die," newly available on Amazon Prime, a Mexican zombie comedy/coming of age/save the town from the apocalypse show somehow manages to get the balance with comedy, action and teen stuff just right so far. Its legit funny, and has plenty of nods to the reality of being in a zombie scenario. For instance, the MC crosses the third wall and says "I know your probably thinking I should go to the hospital, and I think so too, but . . ." And later he finds some giant wood chipper type thing and says something like "Screw causing the apocalypse, but I've got a few things to do first".

Here it is, listed with its original Spanish title: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31841438/?ref_=mv_close
 
Back
Top