Are you addicted to SFFworld.com?

Bree

:)
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
281
Ok. I've been thinking about this for a while. Ever since I joined SFFworld a last year I've steadily became more and more addicted to it. I never want to sign off, and the people on it all seem really nice. :) So here's the question,

Are you addicted to SFFworld?

(Mods can close this thread if no one thinks it's a good idea. I won't get offended and make another 1 :p)
 
Well I guess you could say I'm addicted. I've been visiting this site for five years now, and although there have been a few periods of time when I fell off the map, for the most part I come check things out every day.

My morning tea wouldn't be the same now without seeing what's new at sffworld. :)
 
Um...yeah.

I've only been here a couple of months, but I am completely addicted. I check new posts several times a day (at work :eek: ; my job can be kinda boring at times).
 
I check it in school all the time. It's like the only chatroom forum that I can get access to in school.
Thank God for SFF :D
 
Yes, lot's and lot's.

I absconded for roughly a year or so, but the magical traction beam of this site reeled me back in.

I literally have to check this site every day, i'm actually just sitting here now hitting F5 every few minutes or so, I can't stop ...... I can never stop I need to kick this addiction at some point.
 
I guess there was a point I was... I've been on SFFW for the better part of 7 years now, and I check in on a semi-regular basis, a far cry from the glory days of yore where I was averaging a dozen posts a day...
 
E-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y. D-e-f-i-n-a-t-e-l-y. S-u-p-e-r-c-a-l-a-f-r-a-j-a-l-i-s-t-i-c-a-l-l-y. A-d-d-i-c-t-e-d.
 
I certainly was addicted at one point. Absolutely no doubt about that. But the turbulence of life sometimes takes my mind elsewhere. I still love popping in from time to time to see old faces and what they're up to, but I don't post much these days, partly because I haven't been reading much either.

I still love the community here at SFFWorld, now more than any other community I used to be heavily involved in, due to the members being more mature and friendly. A lot of the other places I used to visit are playgrounds for young teenagers. I may only be 18 but I feel a lot older. I enjoy serious discussions and topics, though, as the mods know, I wasn't always like that. I have posted my share of crap and waffle, but thankfully that's not something I've been doing much of recently.

I have also always enjoyed contributing to the site and helping people in some way or other. SFFWorld has always been a place filled with good memories for me and ocassionally sleepless nights (going back a few years now). So yes, I can say without doubt, that I was a real SFFWorld addict in days gone by. It still holds a place in my heart and perhaps one day I may yet again become a regular poster. The main reason, as I said before, is that I haven't felt much desire to read sci-fi and fantasy for a while now. Maybe I need to re-asses why I read because often books can feel like a chore. In the past I did it partly because I wanted any excuse to post here and get involved in discussions and threads, or even submit reviews to the main site.

Well anyway, I'll take this opportunity to thank Dag and all the people that make SFFWorld work. You've given us all something to cherish and enjoy in a world that can sometimes be colourless. God bless. :D
 
Im addicted, but i dont post reguarly. i usually do all my posting in one day and come back a few days later (if i get the chance)

I definatly spam a lot less on the internet than when i first joined. i had already started to cut down on spam before starting and after a week of being on here i decided i would rather be "friendly" than abusive (still have my moments now and again)

If any body was joined on a LOTR site a fair few years ago you may remember me wrecking havock on that forum.

How ive changed.
 
I wouldn't say I'm addicted to sffworld, but I do check in at least once a day to see what's new. I don't really look at any other similar sites, so sffworld is really my one-stop-shop for all things fantasy which is why I tend to visit regularly.
 
I check in here more than once a day.

Actually the thing I'm truly addicted to lately, is going through people's libraries on Library Thing. Believe it or not, it's a lot of fun. I've already found a whole bunch of things that I had forgotten about, or never heard of. And it sates an ingrained nosiness I have about other people's libraries -albeit virtual. ;)

It's actually altered the trajectory of my reading. I'm heading in a real non-SF direction at the moment. And of course, I've already bought some more stuff . :rolleyes:
 
Hey Arthur, it's your fault I'm obssessed over librarything yanno...since you made the post about it here, and I never knew about it till then. Hehe...love that system!

I like looking at people's libraries too, and finding new tags for my books. Hm...as for this place? It's the only forum I belong to now, and I come here quite a lot - nice fuel for my book addiction, nice people to discuss things with etc....
 
It's the only forum I belong to now, and I come here quite a lot - nice fuel for my book addiction, nice people to discuss things with etc....

I feel like I'm jinxing things by agreeing with you, but there it is. It's done. :)
 
Last edited:
Wooohoooo!

I just realized that I've been a member on sffworld for exactly 5 years! It boggles the mind. 5 years?!? I can barely believe it. It feels like just yesterday!

Also, I still have the 8th largest post count on the forums, despite the fact that I've barely posted anything at all in the last year! YAY! :D
 
Spammer :D
I'm 21st on the post count list after 7 and a bit years here. wow. Time flies. It's interesting to so my posts and tastes change over that time.
 
Yeah, I'm probably guilty of that. :o
It's interesting to see my posts and tastes change over that time.
I know what you mean. I think when I joined this forum, it was mainly so I could discuss Robert Jordan novels. Although I am currently doing a re-read of the Wheel of Time, this forum introduced me to way more beloved authors such as Martin, Hobb, Erikson, Williams, Bakker, Stover, etc., etc.
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top