How do you do spoilers here?
I have to disagree with you, FicusFan. Harry Dresden's character has evolved quite a bit in the last two novels which has added needed complexity to prevent him from becoming stale and predictable.
Of course he can't die ...
Heh. Classic.
I know, I know, taken like five years out of context, but still. I started reading from the top now and I couldn't resist.
Caught up now. Someone mentioned potions are gone from the books of late. Wasn't there a potion used somewhere in
Changes? Like some kind of half-flying potion? And Molly does some potions, that's how she keeps changing her hair color. I guess magical hair-dye potions.
Where'd I read that? Somewhere after
Proven Guilty, I'm sure, having to deal with Molly's basic skill stuff--Harry's had to review a lot of stuff like potions and so on because Molly's natural skills are in different areas. I thought Harry was never very good at potions as they always seemed to make things more... awful.
And I have to say, my favorite part of
Small Favor was the gruffs. "My big brother is going to kill you." And the donut. And I read
Dead Beat as fast as I could because I knew Sue was going to come back. Well, I was praying she would, at least.
Hope I'm being cryptic enough.
People -- if you're following the novels and not reading the stories in the anthologies, you need to read them. Go to the store and read them in the store if you have to. Particularly you need to read the big fat supernatural birthday story before finishing
Changes.