Favourite Quote from a novel

Se'dray-on

Tame the Rage
Joined
May 14, 2002
Messages
201
What is your favorite quote from a sci-fi/fantasy novel. Put down the Quote, Name of Author, Name of Book.

I'll go first:

"Faith! What a dirty monosyllable-Jill, why didn't you mention that one when you were teaching me the short words that mustn't be used in polite company?"

Robert A. Heinlein - Stranger in a Strange Land.
 
"Everything is idiocy if you choose to look at it from the proper light." - Belgarath.
David Eddings, "The Belgariad".
 
"Would you like an orange?" - Nakor

Raymond E Feist's Serpentwar Saga.

It's funny when you read the books.
 
"Aim high, there's plenty of room to fall" - I think it comes from Odd and the Great Bear, by James Roose-Evans.

It's more of a children's book than a novel proper, but it's been my favourite line since I read it more than twenty years ago.
 
"Kallor shrugged. '[..] More directly, however, you seem to forget my … experience. For all that I seem to grate upon all of you, I have walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'
'Yes. You never learn, Kallor.'"
--from "Memories of Ice," by Steven Erikson


Also:

"Fear is wisdom"
--The One Kingdom, by Sean Russell



There are others, but these two come to mind now.
 
Never hit your mother on the head with a shovel, it makes an impression on her mind - Tass Burffoot - Wanderlust.
 
The thougher the world, the fiercer the glory - Dancer


Believe it's from Memories of Ice or perhaps House of Chains
mmmmm well I like it anyways
 
Originally posted by milamber_reborn
"Would you like an orange?" - Nakor
:D

Quote has been removed by me, was wrong. can't remember
something said by -Zeddicus Zul Zorander
The Sword of Truth


But anyways. Nakor is funny
 
Last edited:
"Many that live deserve death, yet many that have died deserve life! Can you give it to them? No! So don't be so quick to deal out death in judgement. Even the wise cannot see all ends."
 
Gandalf, replying to Frodo's assertion that Gollum deserved to die.


Heroes Die by Matthew Woodring Stover:
"Keep your head down. Inch towards daylight. And never f**king give up!"
 
Originally posted by milamber_reborn
"Would you like an orange?" - Nakor

Raymond E Feist's Serpentwar Saga.

It's funny when you read the books.

Ha, that actaully made me chuckle out loud. :)

For me it would probably be "On the heights, the paths are paved with daggers"
 
Quote:

"This is a gift." Said by none other than Boromir in LOTR.
 
Originally posted by Se'dray-on
where is the above quote from? sounds familiar.

It's from The Lord of the Rings : Fellowship of the Ring. It's a favourite quote from the book and the novel for me. It also reminds me of another quote...

"Whenyou draw your sword to strike think not of what you are going to kill but what you are allowing to live."
 
Quote --

" I would have followed you my brother.....my Captain....my King!"
 
Back
Top