Is Juzzza trying to take over??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit respecting anyone for having the courage to put their kids before their careers
 
Originally posted by Miriamele
I applaud your decision to stay home with your future kids, Jen. I'm sure they will appreciate the time you spend with them and the extra care they receive. I would give anything to be able to stay home with my three-year old daughter. She gets so bummed out every time I go to work! Unfortunately my husband is in school full time, so there's no way I can't work.

It's my ultimate dream someday to stay home with my kids, maybe on a farm, do all those housewifey things like making homemade jam...and of course, write. But I can't seem to find the time to write enough to actually make money, because I'm always at work...but someday I'll find the time.

I hope that you can, someday! (I'm sure that you will. :) ) At any rate, you'll have more time as your daughter gets older (and can make jam with you :D ).

SJ--yeah...perhaps no time on a fully-functional farm. My husband and I want just enough land for home use (we wouldn't know what to do with 10 acres let alone 300). As for being good with kids...I hope so! Kids always smile when they see me (is my face *that* ridiculous?)--we speak the same language. ;)
(Hope I speak the same language as my own children... ::gulp:: )

FB--for me, it's not before my career. :) You can't be a good writer without participating in life. ;) (I will consider diapers and endless story reciting as "research" :D )
 
Miri, PJ: Don't worry, am sure you are good moms. :)

(Hope I speak the same language as my own children... ::gulp:: )

Hah, PJ, if you speak like you do in the forums, no worries there. ;) At the least, having a writer-mom will ensure the little kids will be happy to always have a bedtime story. (Awww...)

THAT'S what bug spray is for...

Oh so that's where my hair grower went. :D
 
Originally posted by estranghero
Miri, PJ: Don't worry, am sure you are good moms. :)

Hah, PJ, if you speak like you do in the forums, no worries there. ;) At the least, having a writer-mom will ensure the little kids will be happy to always have a bedtime story. (Awww...)

ROFL. Hmm. Not sure how to take that. ;) (So, will take it as a compliment. :D ) Yeah...poor kids will be tortured with stories about children who don't play nice with their siblings or put their toys away when mommy asks. (To quote my favorite poem as a child... "An the goblins'll git you, ef'n you don't watch out!")

Alas, for now it is all research papers and jollying my friends' children. :)
 
Originally posted by Pirate Jenn


ROFL. Hmm. Not sure how to take that. ;) (So, will take it as a compliment. :D ) Yeah...poor kids will be tortured with stories about children who don't play nice with their siblings or put their toys away when mommy asks. (To quote my favorite poem as a child... "An the goblins'll git you, ef'n you don't watch out!")


ROFL indeed! Meant it to be a compliment but considering...

... I see you had a very fun childhood! ;) :D
 
:D

I think 300 acres was the least we ever worked. One year we cash-cropped 3500 acres and did custom work. (didn't quite get everything off in the fall though :D)

I like talking to kids, but I don't think I speak the same language as them. Well, sometimes I do... :confused:

I'm gonna just trail off into wishy-washy silence here okay?
 
For the first year of my kids lives I actually jacked in work and their mother went to college. It was probably one of the best times of my life. :D

Solaar
whose your daddy??
 
Originally posted by saintjon
I like talking to kids, but I don't think I speak the same language as them.

Oh, I don't know....

You sound like my 2 year old niece most of the time....

I kid you, I do...

Da Joking Gopher
 
*hands SJ his bottle*

Someone ELSE can burp you...

Da Refusing to Touch That Gopher
 
*Another Moosehead is inhaled by the Great White Northerner*

Cheers to being vague! :D

*does a rather noisy job of burping himself*
 
LOL S long as you aren't back to wearing diapers... All is good.

Da Chortling Gopher.
 
Well, if it's a functional farm you might not have much time for jam.

LOL! I guess I should have been more specific--what I really meant was a big house in the country, with a big garden and maybe a few horses--nothing more than that. I'm not interested in raising pigs or growing soybeans or anything like that.

The problem is, the way my life is going right now it will be years and years before that dream could possibly become reality, and by that time my kids will probably be all grown up...but it's still fun to dream.

In the meantime I suppose there's nothing stopping me from making jam if I really want to. :D

Don't you guys ever think, man do I ever need to win the lottery? It would make things so much easier. :D :D :D
 
Originally posted by Miriamele
Don't you guys ever think, man do I ever need to win the lottery? It would make things so much easier. :D :D :D

Man, do I ever do. *sighs* :(
 
Originally posted by Miriamele
Don't you guys ever think, man do I ever need to win the lottery? It would make things so much easier. :D :D :D
Only just about every single day!! :D
 
Indeed. Actually, I could do without the lotto so long as I could just do what I wanted...

On the jam note...made my first this summer. Plum jam... (surplus from the neighbors) Every yard has room for at least a plum tree or a quince bush. (However, unless if you're Pippi Longstocking, horses take up much more room :rolleyes: ;) )

SJ--you and this Moosehead stuff. Prefer Moosedrool, myself. ;)
 
well, first good sign of a non-functional farm is definitely a horse :)

I heard that they come in REAL handy when the cattle get out though.

Moosedrool? :eek: That sounds more like a cooler than a beer. :D

It would be nice to win the lottery, but the some of the prizes they run up, well, I don't need all that much. I think I'd give most of it to my family.
 
i LOVE pippi longstocking, PJ!

(this lady read ALL the right childrens books! :))
 
I think I read some of those during my Tom Swift/Hardy Boys days...

Dem's fer gurrrllllsss!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.

Latest posts

Back
Top