- Joined
- Jun 11, 2009
- Messages
- 9,354
July has been fairly unproductive. I'm shooting for a stellar August! Can August begin now?
Goals all met, yay! Also got stuff set up for a Createspace POD version of Season One. I don't expect to sell a ton of those, but it's cool to have it available. And I did some other things to get ready for season two, which will be coming before I know it...
- Spire City, season one wraps up by the end of the month, so get the remaining episodes to subscribers and prepare whatever I need to in advance to release the complete season bundle (that won't actually be released until late August, so not really a rush on it, except that I'll be traveling for all of early August)
- Revise and polish "Language of Fish and Storms" (my short from the comp last Nov-Dec), and hopefully submit as well
- Revise another short story I wrote last November (and submit?)
- Go through a variety of other flash pieces, story starts, poems, etc., and decide which ones merit revising and submitting
- Write one poem
- Revise my story for the Ecotones anthology and get critiques
I think I did fairly well this month. I don't know how well I did with what I hoped for out of the first one, and the last one is a continuing learning process--but I've at least started it and learned some good things!I have 4 goals for the month:
- Join Bodhi in keeping writers away from the darkside and spread peace, love and art.
- Finish Draft 2 of the Pirate book.
- Finish Halloween Book 1
- Learn about the submission process for a novel, because I know jack squat.
Spent the start of July cruising the Caribbean and using quiet interludes to add a few pages to my next "Hobohemia" novel's first draft. Have returned and am back on the primary WIP again, hoping to push three more final draft chapters through my reading group.
Yeah, me neither.I didn't...
Wait. It's August already? And, you mean I have to devise a new top secret plan to take over the--- a... a haha! Whoops. I mean, come up with new goals to accomplish?So...who's game to start a new thread for August?
1. Write at least 3000 words.
2. Finish Phacelia's Birthday, my solarpunk siege-bandit-queen novelette-in-progress.
3. Submit at least two reprints for consideration. Time to revisit 2013's sales. -.-
Gees, I'm even late to accounting for myself this month.