June 2016 Flash Fiction Contest: The suitcase

Okay, okay, the squirrels are kickin' my butt....I think I've got an idea, maybe a story, some sketchy scenes/images....they insist they be included however and I fear the consequences....
 
I atypically wrote 500 words late last night just before bed and added another 350 today for a total of about 850.....that's getting awfully close to the authorized word pressure limit of that suitecase and I've still got the final scene with music and marching bands and all that rot to write.....I'm telling ya though squeezing those words out was like pulling squirrels out of a mosh pit!
 
Last edited:
See the @kennychaffin clause in post 1... You have a MINIMUM of 1000

Ptttt! Careful....I'll send the squirrels....
b8894b656467df4d63226481f8835c0b.jpg
 
Oh No!

I just drafted the final scene and it's now 1070 words! Damn dancing Squirrels anyway!

Arrrrgggg!
and you know whenever I edit I always add words.....
 
I dunno how it happened but in a sudden zing of inspiration, like I was struck by a bolt of lighting, a suitcase themed story just poured right out of me in the form of 1398 words. Now to cut, cut, cut! Sheesh! Red pen time, folks.
 
I dunno how it happened but in a sudden zing of inspiration, like I was struck by lighting, a suitcase themed story just poured right out of me in the form of 1398 words. Now to cut, cut, cut! Sheesh! Red pen time, folks.

Woo-Hoo! It's like the airline lost your suitcase and then it finally arrived!

P.S. wanna trade user names? I have extra word quota available. :D
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top