Last Movie You Watched 2026

Moebius_film_poster.jpg


An interesting 1996 Argentine piece, based on a short story. The Buenos Aires Underground becomes
topologically infinite
after being expanded and a train becomes lost.

Available on youtube with English subtitles:

 
John Carpenter's THE THING on Arrow UK blu .

For around the fifth time and still love it .
Practical special effects and it pays due homage to " The Thing from Another World " .


This is arguably Carpenter , Cundey ( dop ) and Bottin ( sfx ) at the top of their game .


And some classic lines to relieve the tension :

" You gotta be BLANK kidding me ! "

" I know you guys are having a hard time but there's no way I'm spending all winter tied to this BLANK couch ! "





" So what are we gonna do now ? " " Let's just sit here and wait " comes the reply .
 
And whilst we're on old movies, just watched Forbidden Planet (again!) but now in in 4K. Not a startling difference between that and the Bluray, but still one of my favourite movies of all time. Works on many levels, of course.

1790596254210.png
 
My wife is in Europe on holiday and I'm bacheloring for a month. So I'm watching all the films and shows my wife hates, or just wouldn't watch in a pink fit. Last night I settled in and watched the last two Spider-man films. Both very good.
 
Just watched Spider-man: Across the spiderverse. Quite amazing. Seamlessly flows between animation styles so fluidly and always in service of the story. It’s truly a remarkable work of art. Really looking forward to the third one.
 
I have yet to see Steinfeld in something where I wasn't impressed. True Grit works because she shows the character's strength and feistiness. Bumblebee is a very good faux-'80s s.f./Transformers movie, the charm of which rests on her shoulders. And those were mainly when she was a kid. She could become a mainstay over the next decade.
I just noticed she's the voice of spider-Gwen in Across the spider-verse. Loved her in Hawkeye too. I didn't realise that was her in True Grit.
 
Last night's movie was A Promising Young Woman. It's a pretty awesome thriller from beginning to end. The end is both a shocker and extremely satisfying in its own way. I'm not going to spoil it but the film had a few good surprises that I really should have seen coming. Very skilfully constructed film. Tonight I think I'll watch The Substance.
 
Back
Top