The app is called freedom and yep, you set it for however long you want. I often go for four hours office at a time. My language gets pretty colourful but there's no going back without restarting your computer.@norm I know your pain, video games have taken away so many hours over so many years. Fortunately for me I tend to 'drop out' for long periods so when I do game it's a concentrated enjoyable effort..until I begin to get a bad conscience about it again. I was, and am, a huge fan of dungeon crawlers (my first encounter with fantasy, D&D, and dungeon crawlers was Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon which remains a favorite) and of fantasy-themed exploration and story games (everything from Baldur's Gate, particularly the original to more recent fare like The Witcher 3). Naturally and regrettably these are precisely the kind of games that consume time and lots of it. Over the last six months or so I've barely played a game, though, even though I kind of itch for it. Life is just not as easy as it used to be
@Facing What kind of app is that? One where you punch a number of minutes you force the PC to stay offline?
Does this mean that the others won't?one of them has clothes
I just meant I hadn't figured out what the other characters are wearing yet, but now I'm considering full frontal nudity ;DDoes this mean that the others won't?
The temptation to write a thinly-disguised Transformers ripoff is incredibly strong.
I went and saw AudioForge at Nuit Blanche in London last night. I have an idea.Now I just have to see if I can turn it into an outline for a story.
Hello all, just wanted to pop up and say hi. This heavy metal short story contest sounds intriguing, thought I'd sign up and give it a go.![]()
I've had to look elsewhere for some of the features that I had with my desktop writing software; namely a word-counter website (which is great because it also counts how frequently I use certain words)
I only just got an idea for a story. I'm still outlining. I'm half way through the second act with about 1400 words of notes/ideas but zero written scenes.So how are everyone's entries coming along?