ElinIsabel
Registered User
- Joined
- Mar 16, 2010
- Messages
- 362
And what exactly does the authors gender have to do with why you dislike the book? Care to elaborate further? I'm not going to argue that Fitz's self pity and bouts of depression was annoying (because it was) but I don't see how this has anything to do with gender.
I am currently reading The Desert Spear by Peter V Brett
the new POV's in the first chapters threw me off a little bit but i find i am enjoying them so far just waiting to see what all the Mary Sue is about
... I have no idea where the plot is going, which is cool, after Robin Hobb's ultra-predictable Dragon Haven.
I gave up on Mieville's Perdido Street Station after a couple hundred pages and moved on to The Well of Ascension by Sanderson. It's not that I wasn't enjoying Mieville, it's just that I'm not in the mood for it right now. I found his writiing to be incredibly vivid but I was craving something more alongs what Mistborn had provided. I will return to it although I noticed the bookmark imps have stolen my place keeper. They usually don't strike so quickly but book marks seem to have the same appeal to children as string does to kittens.
I gave up on Mieville's Perdido Street Station after a couple hundred pages and moved on to The Well of Ascension by Sanderson. It's not that I wasn't enjoying Mieville, it's just that I'm not in the mood for it right now. I found his writiing to be incredibly vivid but I was craving something more alongs what Mistborn had provided. I will return to it although I noticed the bookmark imps have stolen my place keeper. They usually don't strike so quickly but book marks seem to have the same appeal to children as string does to kittens.
I tried to start Perdido Street Station last year and had the same problem. It wasn't that it wasn't good, it's amazingly vivid in fact, it was just that it was really slow with no real point for the first bit. So I quit with the option of returning as well.![]()