SCOURGE OF THE BETRAYER: First book in a fantasy series

Awesome review/fan. I have a few reviews that still resonate with me too. Like novels, there a few fans that are gems out there. I'm looking forward to reading yours.

Yeah, it's great to see readers get really excited about something you wrote, invested in characters/stories you came up with. Makes it absolutely worthwhile.

I wil be checking out your work this summer as well.
 
Good reviews, Jeff. Congrats. You're on my summer TBR pile.

Thanks, Tim. Greatly appreciated. Yep, you're on my TBR pile, too. I really wish I could feel rested and happy after 4-5 hours of sleep--there just aren't enough hours in the day.
 
Thanks, Tim. Greatly appreciated. Yep, you're on my TBR pile, too. I really wish I could feel rested and happy after 4-5 hours of sleep--there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Thanks, man, and I hear ya. I'm lucky I get the summers off. It screws my writing because my daughter dictates my focus, but I do manage to get in more reading. I'll let you know when I'm done. :)
 
Thanks, man, and I hear ya. I'm lucky I get the summers off. It screws my writing because my daughter dictates my focus, but I do manage to get in more reading. I'll let you know when I'm done. :)

Thanks. With 3 of my own, I have plenty of dictators to report to. :)
 
I end up falling so behind sometimes. I've seen Jeff posting around here, but only now just read Rob's review. As an Abercrombie and Cook fan, I'll certainly be trying this out to see how well it suits me. Congratulations, Mr. Salyards, on the success of your debut.
 
I end up falling so behind sometimes. I've seen Jeff posting around here, but only now just read Rob's review. As an Abercrombie and Cook fan, I'll certainly be trying this out to see how well it suits me. Congratulations, Mr. Salyards, on the success of your debut.

Thanks so much, Peter William. I really appreciate that.

The book's only been out a month, so you aren't too late to the party. I hope it suits you fine.
 
Jeff,
This is your own personal thread and is meant exactly for doing what you are - for instance posting reviews etc. Go for it!
 
Jeff,
This is your own personal thread and is meant exactly for doing what you are - for instance posting reviews etc. Go for it!

Thanks. The whole promotion part of this is something I'm still sort of trying to figure out. But as you say, on this thread in this forum, I probably won't come across as a snake oil salesman! :)
 
Thanks. The whole promotion part of this is something I'm still sort of trying to figure out. But as you say, on this thread in this forum, I probably won't come across as a snake oil salesman! :)

I've found that while other writers and Mods get offended real easily over self promotion, the readers respond to it.

Jack Valance said it best: Confidence is sexy.

If you look at the site stats at the bottom of the main forum page here (or any genre forum) you will see that there about 80 people just viewing for every person logged in. Those are the readers. They dont often log in. They read. :-) Give them some content to enjoy or they will go elsewhere. They sure didn't stop in because they wanted to be bored more than they are. The 6 million indie authors that have published a book in the last few years are the ones logging in. So you are addressing indie authors in general when you post at a genre forum. There are exeptions... obviously. I am not trying to start an argument.

I tweet 40+ times a day about my books. I have 22 titles and each has a handfull of reviews from across the globe, so I am rarely tweeting the same links. About once a week, some one stops in and says. WOW all you do is tweet about you. You are a spammer.

I say: Then why do I have 93.7 thousand people NOT UNFOLLOWING me. They have the choice. They followed me for a reason. Content is king and we as authors are content providers. It's really simple.

I think you will be big time. Fantasy readers like bold heroes. Be one. Post those reviews because I am asking you now. ;) Now there is no way it can be considered spammy.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Since you asked, the reviews and guest posts will continue popping up here.

So, what is the general consensus about authors reposting that sort of stuff on Reddit Fantasy? Is it considered spammy if toot your own horn by reposting reviews there?
 
Thanks for the feedback. Since you asked, the reviews and guest posts will continue popping up here.

So, what is the general consensus about authors reposting that sort of stuff on Reddit Fantasy? Is it considered spammy if toot your own horn by reposting reviews there?

I don't know. What I do know is the preview of my Book I and Amazon, who make a pretty penny off of their cut of my sales, sell my books. All the attention I get, negative, or otherwise, just leads readers to the previews.

I only post for like two weeks - three times a year, when I am waiting on an edit. (like now) The rest of the time I am writing and traveling. I have to make a Big Splash in my two weeks...lol :-) I've only heard of Reddit once before now, but I want to thank you. I posted a link to 13 free short stories over there. :-)
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Since you asked, the reviews and guest posts will continue popping up here.

So, what is the general consensus about authors reposting that sort of stuff on Reddit Fantasy? Is it considered spammy if toot your own horn by reposting reviews there?

Sorry... new topic. Are you planning an Audio Book release? I am diabetic and as my eyes get worse, I am thinking more and more about audio books.
 
Hey Jeff,

Scourge was a great read. Lots of fun interplay between the characters and good characterization all around. The tension and my interest ratcheted up nicely with every chapter. I read thing over the course of a day and kept wanting to go back to it when I wasn't reading.

Excellent story. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go next. Thanks.
 
Hey Jeff,

Scourge was a great read. Lots of fun interplay between the characters and good characterization all around. The tension and my interest ratcheted up nicely with every chapter. I read thing over the course of a day and kept wanting to go back to it when I wasn't reading.

Excellent story. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go next. Thanks.

Thanks so much, Tim. I'm really thrilled you enjoyed the book.
 
Back
Top