Ropie
Member of the Month™
- Joined
- Jun 6, 2005
- Messages
- 2,902
The Single Best & Single Worst SF Books You Read in 2006
As it says in the title, just one of each please. Old or new titles.
My worst is fairly easy, though actually a book I had been really looking forward to for some time: Rogue Moon by Algis Budrys turned out to be almost incomprehensibly overwrought, psuedo-psychological nonsense. Very boring too.
The best is a little harder as I read many excellent novels this year and more than a few really excellent ones. The one I think about most often though is Grass by Sheri Tepper. Exciting, well-written, atmospheric, only let down slightly by a poor ending. It'll be the one I'll be reading again soonest.
As it says in the title, just one of each please. Old or new titles.
My worst is fairly easy, though actually a book I had been really looking forward to for some time: Rogue Moon by Algis Budrys turned out to be almost incomprehensibly overwrought, psuedo-psychological nonsense. Very boring too.
The best is a little harder as I read many excellent novels this year and more than a few really excellent ones. The one I think about most often though is Grass by Sheri Tepper. Exciting, well-written, atmospheric, only let down slightly by a poor ending. It'll be the one I'll be reading again soonest.
Last edited:

