TV Series or Show You're Watching

I just got on to Amazon Prime and have spent most of the Lockdown watching TV comedies.

Modern Family was great. I need to try and get back into Sci-Fi and watch The Expanse.
 
In non-genre watching, I'm currently watching episodes of The Crown. Not as subservient to the Royals as I was expecting, if I'm honest (and not a bad thing, actually.) It is odd watching dramatisations of events I remember happening, even if they're not as close to the facts as they could be. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.... :)

I am enjoying The Mandalorean (although the recent issues with Disney have tempered this a little.)

Star Trek: Discovery is OK. Some nice character development though there are also places that drags. Not disastrously so, and not enough to stop watching, but it wears its worthiness too obviously at times, I think, at the expense of plot.
 
In non-genre watching, I'm currently watching episodes of The Crown. Not as subservient to the Royals as I was expecting, if I'm honest (and not a bad thing, actually.) It is odd watching dramatisations of events I remember happening, even if they're not as close to the facts as they could be. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.... :)

I am enjoying The Mandalorean (although the recent issues with Disney have tempered this a little.)

Star Trek: Discovery is OK. Some nice character development though there are also places that drags. Not disastrously so, and not enough to stop watching, but it wears its worthiness too obviously at times, I think, at the expense of plot.
I have to admit that confuses me. What do you mean here?
 
OK. To me, at times, it seems to feel that (precising the BBC mission statement!) it's (longer than 5 year) mission is to inform and educate, rather than entertain. There always has been an element of that in Star Trek, admittedly, but at the moment it seems unbalanced. As a result, it has lots of messages within that are worthy, but not a lot is happening otherwise.

Does that help?

On a more positive note, and on the 57th anniversary of the first episode being transmitted, I am watching old Doctor Who. :)
 
Catching up on the last few series of Futurama. I also started watching Misfits last night. I haven’t seen it before.
 
stranger-things-what-season-2-told-us-to-expect-for-season-3-2017-images.jpg


I’m continuing my way into Season 2 of Stranger Things, which does a good job of picking up the threads from the original season and adding to the mythology. The 80s music and setting continue to evoke nostalgia...
 
A wonderful film that I hope some science fiction author works their story into some sort of alternate dimension novel.... I can see them as sort of multiple expert youth l on the hero’s journey RAH (hazel mead?)sort of young adult tale total face palm on me for missing this true story back when it was released....well I was in rehabilitation after my complex C2 fracture.... so I have my broken neck as an excuse... if you missed this as well put on your to be watched list.
Hidden Figures’ (2016)
Tucked away in a segregated building at Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va., in the early 1960s, Katherine Johnson (Taraji P. Henson) joins her Black colleagues as a “human computer” until her computational brilliance becomes too valuable for NASA to deny. The irresistible history lesson “Hidden Figures” follows Johnson and two other Black mathematicians as they break down barriers at a crucial time for the space program. A.O. Scott called it “a well-told tale with a clear moral and a satisfying emotional payoff.”

Watch it on Disney +
 
I see they've made Minority Report into a series. Worth watching?
 
Coin30.jpg


30 Coins Ep 01 - pretty good so far. Begins in first few seconds with cannot-be-shot-dead bloke taking one of said coins from bank safe deposit, and things get more and more supernatural from there.
 
Been watching a few old favourites. To The Manor Born, The Good Life, Chef!, and Dad's Army.
 
Hugely enjoying Mr. Inbetween. Smart, sassy Australian dark comedy with just the right mix of hilarious slapstick and proper drama.
 
I see they've made Minority Report into a series. Worth watching?
Nobody any opinions on this? Anyone seen it, no?
Also, Raised by Wolves coming to Sky Atlantic. Is the consensus that it's worth watching, or not?
 
Nobody any opinions on this? Anyone seen it, no?
Also, Raised by Wolves coming to Sky Atlantic. Is the consensus that it's worth watching, or not?
It's really awkward and awful. Low budget nonsense.
I wouldn't pay extra to see it, but I guess you've already got a subscription.
 
Which one? RBW or MR? And yeah, I have Sky so I get all the channels for my monthly sub.
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top