TV Series or Show You're Watching

Having watched two episodes (the first two) of Taggart, I've come to realise that it really was pretty crap. The stories are poorly-written, hard to understand and my god the acting is dire, other than Mark McManus, who plays Taggart, but he does so in a more or less deadpan, couldn't-care-less, hard-bitten way, so it's hard to know if he was a bad actor or if this was just the part he was playing. Either way, the show is VERY dated and not at all how I remember, which is why I guess we always imagine things that we watched as kids were better than they were, and when we get to see them again we realise how bloody awful, or at best barely adequate they were.
 
stranger%2Bthings.jpg
Since I have finished some other shows, I had a space in my watchlist for a new series. Since I have missed Stranger Things up till now, I thought I’d give it a try. Seems interesting so far. I’m liking the 1980’s setting, and the music is nostalgic. Currently working through Season 1.
 
stranger%2Bthings.jpg
Since I have finished some other shows, I had a space in my watchlist for a new series. Since I have missed Stranger Things up till now, I thought I’d give it a try. Seems interesting so far. I’m liking the 1980’s setting, and the music is nostalgic. Currently working through Season 1.
I intend to start season 2 very soon !

Ubergeek
 
Having watched two episodes (the first two) of Taggart, I've come to realise that it really was pretty crap. The stories are poorly-written, hard to understand and my god the acting is dire, other than Mark McManus, who plays Taggart, but he does so in a more or less deadpan, couldn't-care-less, hard-bitten way, so it's hard to know if he was a bad actor or if this was just the part he was playing. Either way, the show is VERY dated and not at all how I remember, which is why I guess we always imagine things that we watched as kids were better than they were, and when we get to see them again we realise how bloody awful, or at best barely adequate they were.
Trollheart,


Here's a fact that may interest you.

Did you know that Mark McManus had an adoptive brother called Brian Connolly who was lead singer of the glam rock band " SWEET " ? That might be useful in the future if you take part in a pub quiz, if there are any still in business.

Ubergeek.
 
Thanks man. I know Connolly and I know Sweet - "Ballroom Blitz", "Block Buster", "Fox on the Run" . Did not know they were related.

Just started watching The Family, a new (to me) FOX show in which a child missing 10 years and presumed murdered comes back, but all is apparently not what it seems. First episode has definitely hooked me. Should be interesting. Let's see if it's been cancelled... oh yeah. Cancelled after one season. How did I know?
source.gif


 
I started watching The Queen's Gambit (after seeing Stephen King recommend it), about a child prodigy chess player growing up, as she deals with drug addiction. Really good so far!
 
Watching Vienna Blood now while I wait for the next episode of The Family to be screened. Pretty good, though there seem to be only 3 episodes (thanks BBC!) Based on the novels by Frank Tallis about a doctor who is a kind of 19th century profiler in Vienna, and is desperately trying to explain to his bosses that Freud is the way to go, while being laughed at. He teams up with a cop and they solve crimes. I'm enjoying it so far. Oh, and I'm glad to see that for once it's been renewed for another series.
 
I started watching The Queen's Gambit (after seeing Stephen King recommend it), about a child prodigy chess player growing up, as she deals with drug addiction. Really good so far!
Finished this tonight (7-part miniseries), one of the best I've watched in a while.
 
And based on the book by Walter Tevis, of The Man Who Fell to Earth and Mockingbird fame.
 
And based on the book by Walter Tevis, of The Man Who Fell to Earth and Mockingbird fame.
Yes! I only realised that after watching the series and looking it up (really liked reading Mockingbird too).
 
Guess I'm watching election coverage tonight. From the people who brought you the smash-hit Obama Victory of 2008 and the shocking Trump Upset 2016. Expectations of a second season are rife but the network is hedging its bets with a new show, Battle For The Soul of America starring Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, which critics have been raving about...
 
Will probably start watching Gangs of London this weekend; getting good reviews...
 
It's superb. Extremely violent, so I hope you're not squeamish. Excellent though.
 
Watched the first episode - really good (and the fight scenes brilliant)!
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top