BeardofPants
Questing
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2004
- Messages
- 265
I found the first one to be wholly unremarkable. It's gets better, you say?
If you actually disliked book one i dont think you should read the others but if you thought it was a good book just not very much so then It does get a lot better.
Butcher actually recommends beginning with book 7, Dead Beat—it's his favorite.
http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=1825
It's my favorite too.
Well it's official!!!
The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle Nominated for a Hugo Award!
http://anticipationsf.ca/English/Hugos
I actually thought Paul Blackthorne was very like Harry, not quite tall enough, but how many 6'8" leading men are there out there? He also wasn't as ugly as Harry describes himself, but then again this is TV who wants to watch an ugly guy? James Marsters (who reads the audio books) was their first choice, but turned it down. Marsters is an excellent actor, but would have been wrong for this role, I could see him as Harry's half brother Thomas, though and not just because Thomas is a vampire.I really didn't care for the show. Too much was changed from the books, and I absolutely love the books. And you are right, the guy that played Harry just didn't do it for me. I might have liked the series more if the actor seemed a bit more like Harry. But then I think I am just a little in love with Harry and no one is going to fit the bill![]()