July 2016 Motivation Thread

I got about 1000 of my required estimate of 9000 additional words done on my edits yesterday. Okay, that's progress. 8000 more to do in, um, under 3 weeks. And I don't know where they have to go in the MS, yet... <thud>
Just remember, there are worse things in life. You could still be an unpublished writer struggling to learn how to devise a simple story! (like me) :oops:

Okay, I just finished the revision of my map story. It is much shorter (~7,200) and I think it is better. No, actually, I know it is better, but I'm not sure it is good enough. No, actually, I know it is not good enough. It still sucks, but it is better than the first draft. I sent it off to a writing buddy and hopefully he'll get back to me in time for another revision. Fingers crossed!
 
I'll go ahead and announce it. I've been thinking of doing and opening it up to non-forum members as we did last year (which resulted in some interesting stories). I'll post it in the anthology thread.
 
You could still be an unpublished writer struggling to learn how to devise a simple story! (like me)

Is there such a thing as a simple story?
I can I have one please?

Passing through to see how ya'll's getting on. Lots of words written, none of which were on my WIP. Lots of puzzle pieces fell into place while driving, naturally, while it's completely impossible to write the ideas down. All the notebooks in the world couldn't help me.
Monday is but a day away ...
 
Passing through to see how ya'll's getting on. Lots of words written, none of which were on my WIP. Lots of puzzle pieces fell into place while driving, naturally, while it's completely impossible to write the ideas down. All the notebooks in the world couldn't help me.
This happens to me too. It sucks! I have thought about getting a voice recorder to dictate my thoughts to and listen to later when I do have paper/computer at hand. But I never do it. :rolleyes:
 
This happens to me too. It sucks! I have thought about getting a voice recorder to dictate my thoughts to and listen to later when I do have paper/computer at hand. But I never do it. :rolleyes:

I read/heard somewhere that Kevin J Anderson dictates his novels/work as he hikes the Colorado Countryside. Not sure if it's true or not...
 
This happens to me too. It sucks! I have thought about getting a voice recorder to dictate my thoughts to and listen to later when I do have paper/computer at hand. But I never do it. :rolleyes:
I have an Olympus that I'm learning to use. It does make me feel a bit self-conscious and pretentious when I use it where people can see me...but I hope to get over that. Dictating is more fluid that taking notes. Even when I scribble notes, I self edit. Dictating eliminates this. Every stupid idea I have is recorded without censorship. :eek:
 
...and opening it up to non-forum members as we did last year (which resulted in some interesting stories)...
Hope so - bringing in some new faces was one of the nicest side effects of the last anthology (nicer than that compulsive shaking and hair-loss I mentioned at least (plus late-onset Tourette syndrome, I'm blaming all my swearing on the anthology as well)).
 
Back
Top