Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

Hi, this has been driving me crazy for years. I am not religious, but i remember when i was young i saw a movie like this:

Couple living normal life, wife overhears workmates talking about the bible. she asks them about it, and finds out if you read the bible cover to cover, you will dream about an orb ( maybe get wisdom not sure ) anyway they get religious and at some point have kids. The father dies to a workplace shooting, and the wife takes the kid to a mountain and kills him ( fulfilling a prophecy ) but doesn't kill herself. time goes by and the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse arrive in the world, she is invited to heaven, but she decides to reject her invite, and film ends with her walking into Purgatory

This was more than likely 70s/80s but COULD have been sixties!.
 
Couple living normal life, wife overhears workmates talking about the bible. she asks them about it, and finds out if you read the bible cover to cover, you will dream about an orb ( maybe get wisdom not sure ) anyway they get religious and at some point have kids. The father dies to a workplace shooting, and the wife takes the kid to a mountain and kills him ( fulfilling a prophecy ) but doesn't kill herself. time goes by and the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse arrive in the world, she is invited to heaven, but she decides to reject her invite, and film ends with her walking into Purgatory

The plot sounds like a 1991 film called "The Rapture".
 
Sounds like the sort of film I go out of my way to avoid.
If it is the Rapture, that's an interesting film. All of Micheal Tolkin films are interesting...
By the way, if the Rapture it stars David Duchovney and Mimi Rogers. So if you don't remember those two being in it...
 
hi theres this movie i remember watching, its very weird and strange and i only remember certain parts of it, so i understand if theres not enough information to help identify it. This is definitely released before 2012, so its based on like this western place and i remember a bald young guy and a young girl, and another scene is where two guys have a gun fight and one of them gets shot but they were covering their chest with a book, and the last scene i remember is a girl that saw a doll with toilet paper/ cloth being pulled out of its head. Pls help, its very interesting in my memory and i want to watch it again to understand the plot!
 
^ Lol sounds like a cross between Defiance (TV show) and Forbidden Planet (book - eg the stuffing in the animals lol)...
Sorry dunno what it is...
 
hi theres this movie i remember watching, its very weird and strange and i only remember certain parts of it, so i understand if theres not enough information to help identify it. This is definitely released before 2012, so its based on like this western place and i remember a bald young guy and a young girl, and another scene is where two guys have a gun fight and one of them gets shot but they were covering their chest with a book, and the last scene i remember is a girl that saw a doll with toilet paper/ cloth being pulled out of its head. Pls help, its very interesting in my memory and i want to watch it again to understand the plot!
What else can you remember of this?
 
Hey guys, need a little help here. I remember only a scene from this movie, but I can't remember the name.
From what I can remember, the main character accidentally went through a black hole and ended up on Jupiter (I think). I remember that he found another civilization there and in the scene he drew the solar system in sand and ask a girl (I think that she's the one who actually found him) what she calls this planet and that planet. And that's how he realized that he was on Jupiter (I think). I can't really remember much else, but I know that they had a different name for planet Earth... Ringing any bells?
 
John Carter (2012)

Hey guys, need a little help here. I remember only a scene from this movie, but I can't remember the name.
From what I can remember, the main character accidentally went through a black hole and ended up on Jupiter (I think). I remember that he found another civilization there and in the scene he drew the solar system in sand and ask a girl (I think that she's the one who actually found him) what she calls this planet and that planet. And that's how he realized that he was on Jupiter (I think). I can't really remember much else, but I know that they had a different name for planet Earth... Ringing any bells?
 
Hello everyone.
I've been looking all over the web for ages for a sci-fi show I've seen on tv on the late 80's, early 90's, can't remember with certainty. I loved it at the time and I'd like to lay my eyes on it again.
As I remember, it was about a realy big spaceship that was going through space looking for a new home for mankind, something like a generation ship. The ship was made with this big domes/habitats, conected with some more or less secret tunels, and each episode happened in one diferent dome/habitat. If memory serves, some of the inhabitants were aware of where they were, as other were not. I believe the name of the show had Earth, or starship Earth, or something like that in it, but I'm not certain.
I hope this rings any bells, I can't remember more details of the plot, all I have in my mind are images of the show. God, sometimes I wish I could draw properly, I would be able to show you guys the starship.
Thanks in advance.
 
There was a 70's scifi show called The Starlost, that was a ship with a lot of domes.

Hello everyone.
I've been looking all over the web for ages for a sci-fi show I've seen on tv on the late 80's, early 90's, can't remember with certainty. I loved it at the time and I'd like to lay my eyes on it again.
As I remember, it was about a realy big spaceship that was going through space looking for a new home for mankind, something like a generation ship. The ship was made with this big domes/habitats, conected with some more or less secret tunels, and each episode happened in one diferent dome/habitat. If memory serves, some of the inhabitants were aware of where they were, as other were not. I believe the name of the show had Earth, or starship Earth, or something like that in it, but I'm not certain.
I hope this rings any bells, I can't remember more details of the plot, all I have in my mind are images of the show. God, sometimes I wish I could draw properly, I would be able to show you guys the starship.
Thanks in advance.
 
If it indeed the Starlost, Centeio, be prepared to be very disappointed. It is dreadful. It was going to be so good. All sorts of real SF writers were involved, Douglas Trumble hot off 2001 was doing SFX it looked so good on paper... see if you can find Harlan Ellison's amazingly funny deconstruction of what went wrong (he was involved in the production) - I think it's in his book The Glass Teat.

Avoid The Starcrossed by Ben Bova (who I'm pretty sure was also involved) which is a supposed comedy novel based on the troubled production. It's not very funny - which is a bit of a failing in a comedy. A thinly disguised Ellison appears as a central character.
 
Thanks a lot, Expendable. Indeed, that is the show I remember. And you're right, JunkMonkey, watching it now, when I'm 30 years older, it's a bit of a turn off. But this is one of the shows I saw in my teens that made me love science-fiction above all else so, straight to my collection.
Thanks again for the quick replies, guys.
Centeio
 
Yeah I remember some hype about that show because Harlan Ellison was involved, and then being disappointed that it was very similar to Gene Roddenbury's Genesis 2 only with an even smaller budget
 
There was a cartoon I saw back in the mid to late 60s (it may have been new then, or from earlier in the decade) featuring a character from another planet (possibly a prince?) who came to earth to help people. He wore a pendant with a number or letter on it, and it was filled with fluid that reflected his level of energy. This was maintained by his home planet and he inevitably ran low on energy in mid-episode and was either captured or in great danger, until the people on his planet noticed he was out of energy and pressed a button to refill his energy. Then he defeated the enemy and everything was fine.
(Looking back, the people on his planet responsible for monitoring his energy level were clearly incompetent slackers a la Homer Simpson, since he always ran out of energy and nobody seemed to notice in time to refill him before he was on Empty.)
 
Sounds like Prince Planet

Spot-on. Thanks!!
I came across episodes of Tobor on Youtube recently, and after watching this intro (which makes me feel as if I last watched it only yesterday) I couldn't help but notice that it seemed popular at the time to have the hero wrestling a dinosaur into submission (Tobor wrapped the dinosaur's tail around him and launched him into space).
 
I caught this show back in the 90s at Brazilian public TV , but I cannot remember whether it was dubbed or synced. A young lad lived in megalopolis called Conurba and managed to run away from there and live in the country side where the aristocracy lived. Not sure if it was a German or British show ( I think it was German ). Please your help, have looked over for this show for years.
 
I caught this show back in the 90s at Brazilian public TV , but I cannot remember whether it was dubbed or synced. A young lad lived in megalopolis called Conurba and managed to run away from there and live in the country side where the aristocracy lived. Not sure if it was a German or British show ( I think it was German ). Please your help, have looked over for this show for years.
Die Wächter - German TV mini-series from 1986, based on John Christopher's The Guardians. The megalopolis in the tv series is Konurba.
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top