juzzza
Loveable Rogue
- Joined
- Jul 16, 2002
- Messages
- 3,763
I actually agree with this:
However, I just don't enjoy reading his stuff, so he ain't on my list I am afraid.
It's a bit like Mohamed Ali, nobody can deny that he is the greatest, and without him boxing just wouldn't be the same, however, modern era fighters are too big and too powerful... Still great to look at him in action mind you.
Tolkien.......the body of his fantasy work is of such significance and lasting influence and merit by virtue of the universal appeal, significance and seminal quality of his work, of the mythological stature of the world he created, its history and languages.
However, I just don't enjoy reading his stuff, so he ain't on my list I am afraid.
It's a bit like Mohamed Ali, nobody can deny that he is the greatest, and without him boxing just wouldn't be the same, however, modern era fighters are too big and too powerful... Still great to look at him in action mind you.

