Trollheart
Nothing Wicked This Way Comes...
- Joined
- Jun 9, 2020
- Messages
- 4,229
We're Here Because We're Here is good, as is Weather Systems and Distant Satellites. Haven't heard the other albums yet. Decent band.ANATHEMA!!!
We're Here Because We're Here is good, as is Weather Systems and Distant Satellites. Haven't heard the other albums yet. Decent band.ANATHEMA!!!
I like A Natural Disaster too (and sadly they are no more)!We're Here Because We're Here is good, as is Weather Systems and Distant Satellites. Haven't heard the other albums yet. Decent band.
I intend to start season 2 very soon !Since I have finished some other shows, I had a space in my watchlist for a new series. Since I have missed Stranger Things up till now, I thought I’d give it a try. Seems interesting so far. I’m liking the 1980’s setting, and the music is nostalgic. Currently working through Season 1.![]()
Trollheart,Having watched two episodes (the first two) of Taggart, I've come to realise that it really was pretty crap. The stories are poorly-written, hard to understand and my god the acting is dire, other than Mark McManus, who plays Taggart, but he does so in a more or less deadpan, couldn't-care-less, hard-bitten way, so it's hard to know if he was a bad actor or if this was just the part he was playing. Either way, the show is VERY dated and not at all how I remember, which is why I guess we always imagine things that we watched as kids were better than they were, and when we get to see them again we realise how bloody awful, or at best barely adequate they were.
Finished this tonight (7-part miniseries), one of the best I've watched in a while.I started watching The Queen's Gambit (after seeing Stephen King recommend it), about a child prodigy chess player growing up, as she deals with drug addiction. Really good so far!
Yes! I only realised that after watching the series and looking it up (really liked reading Mockingbird too).And based on the book by Walter Tevis, of The Man Who Fell to Earth and Mockingbird fame.
Netflix's Barbarians
Not at all...sounds good!It's superb. Extremely violent, so I hope you're not squeamish.