Stephen Palmer
Author of novels
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2007
- Messages
- 1,377
I'm reading Alice Roberts' "Tamed" at the moment. Excellent so far.
Many of the British pols were dilettantes, often totally unqualified & more interested in their pleasures than any idea of service or duty.
Great book & author.Re-reading The March of Folly, by Barbara Tuchman. It deals with four instances where not only did leaders act against the self interest of their peoples, but where critics at the time saw where the bad choices were leading.
Started reading the 2nd novel in the series this morning. "River of Stars". Seems to be taking place some years after the events in "Under Heaven".
I have River of Stars in my TBR read pile. Haven't read Under Heaven but from what I gathered River of Stars seemed to be pretty much a novel in its own right.
The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet
![]()
My second David Mitchell read doesn't appear to have any fantasy content as yet. Only a hundred or so pages in at the moment. It's full of fleshed out characters, set in a Dutch trading post in 18th century Japan and I'm enjoying it as a classy read.