Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

one TV show one movie

i need help with one live-action TV show and one cartoon movie (i say cartoon movie because i think it was a made for tv movie)

both took place im guessing 85-95 yeah i know long span. the tv show ill do my best on its the hard one to remember. i know there was a boy and a girl there may have been others im not sure the boy (this is a guess based on what i remember of their looks) was human the girl (same as before) was an alien with non-human colored hair. not space case or what ever its solid color and they were older more teen-ish plus the big one is they were stranded (another guess) on some planet their "home" looked like part of a ship or bunker thing bit i remember it was in a forest type area next to a big tree. thats all i got for you.

now the easy one the movie. man sucked into magic world, he dosent believe in magic, man falls for the wizards daughter and tells the wizard to drink milk for his ulcer. he becomes a dragon at one point and another dragon teaches him to fly by eating rocks and sparking the gases. bad guy shows up and man beast him by reciting pi and other science facts.
 
one TV show one movie

i need help with one live-action TV show and one cartoon movie (i say cartoon movie because i think it was a made for tv movie)

both took place im guessing 85-95 yeah i know long span. the tv show ill do my best on its the hard one to remember. i know there was a boy and a girl there may have been others im not sure the boy (this is a guess based on what i remember of their looks) was human the girl (same as before) was an alien with non-human colored hair. not space case or what ever its solid color and they were older more teen-ish plus the big one is they were stranded (another guess) on some planet their "home" looked like part of a ship or bunker thing bit i remember it was in a forest type area next to a big tree. thats all i got for you.

now the easy one the movie. man sucked into magic world, he dosent believe in magic, man falls for the wizards daughter and tells the wizard to drink milk for his ulcer. he becomes a dragon at one point and another dragon teaches him to fly by eating rocks and sparking the gases. bad guy shows up and man beast him by reciting pi and other science facts.

The movie's an easy one: The Flight of Dragons. One of the great Rankin-Bass animated films.

Good luck with the TV show.
 
This could be a tough one; I can recall part of a TV episode but little else. The show would have aired on PBS (may or may not have been a BBC show) somewhere between 1983 and 1987; the episode seemed to have the tone and production values of science fiction shows of the time (Doctor Who, etc). Here are two scenes I recall from the episode:

Scene 1 - A small group of people, mostly children but with at least two adults - are "lost" somewhere and trying to get home. They're driving some type of ground vehicle, visually similar to a large bumper car or a roller coaster car. (No, it's not The Great Space Coaster.) They discover a signpost of sorts, and while obtaining information from it, there was a circular visual element (like a giant monocle) on the screen that a green alien form could be seen moving through.

Scene 2 - The group comes to a room where the wall is dominated by a large gold face. It speaks to them and says it can help them get home, at which point the mouth opens to reveal a door. The group enters the mouth and find themselves in a small dark room, where the door shuts behind them. A man's face appears on a screen; the voice and personality are the same as the talking wall, but now more menacing. One of the girls in the group looks him in the eyes (despite warnings from others) and becomes hypnotized, standing in place. The others are challenged to solve a puzzle on the wall that will release the key for the door, but must complete it before sleeping gas is deployed. (It may or may not have been overtly stated that the gas would make them sleep for a hundred years.) One of the group seems successful in freeing the key, but not before the room starts filling with gas. The man's face is still visible on the screen and the whole thing is super creepy.

Assuming that I didn't imagine or dream this as a child, any ideas as to what this show might have been? I'd love to figure it out.


That sounds somewhat like Otherworld a TV series that aired for a short time in the 80's
 
now the easy one the movie. man sucked into magic world, he dosent believe in magic, man falls for the wizards daughter and tells the wizard to drink milk for his ulcer. he becomes a dragon at one point and another dragon teaches him to fly by eating rocks and sparking the gases. bad guy shows up and man beast him by reciting pi and other science facts.

The movie is The Flight of Dragons from 1982. I replied earlier with a link to its IMDb entry, but my post got held for moderation.
 
Last edited:
That sounds somewhat like Otherworld a TV series that aired for a short time in the 80's

It wasn't Otherworld - I looked through all eight episodes and didn't see a thing I recognized. The show I recall looked more BBC-ey, if one will accept that as an adjective. Thanks for the suggestion.
 
This could be a tough one; I can recall part of a TV episode but little else. The show would have aired on PBS (may or may not have been a BBC show) somewhere between 1983 and 1987; the episode seemed to have the tone and production values of science fiction shows of the time (Doctor Who, etc). Here are two scenes I recall from the episode:

Scene 1 - A small group of people, mostly children but with at least two adults - are "lost" somewhere and trying to get home. They're driving some type of ground vehicle, visually similar to a large bumper car or a roller coaster car. (No, it's not The Great Space Coaster.) They discover a signpost of sorts, and while obtaining information from it, there was a circular visual element (like a giant monocle) on the screen that a green alien form could be seen moving through.

Scene 2 - The group comes to a room where the wall is dominated by a large gold face. It speaks to them and says it can help them get home, at which point the mouth opens to reveal a door. The group enters the mouth and find themselves in a small dark room, where the door shuts behind them. A man's face appears on a screen; the voice and personality are the same as the talking wall, but now more menacing. One of the girls in the group looks him in the eyes (despite warnings from others) and becomes hypnotized, standing in place. The others are challenged to solve a puzzle on the wall that will release the key for the door, but must complete it before sleeping gas is deployed. (It may or may not have been overtly stated that the gas would make them sleep for a hundred years.) One of the group seems successful in freeing the key, but not before the room starts filling with gas. The man's face is still visible on the screen and the whole thing is super creepy.

Assuming that I didn't imagine or dream this as a child, any ideas as to what this show might have been? I'd love to figure it out.

this sounds like a scene from the book A Wrinkle in Time. Could it have been made for TV mini-series or something that aired on PBS? I have no idea if anyone has ever done that.
 
this sounds like a scene from the book A Wrinkle in Time. Could it have been made for TV mini-series or something that aired on PBS? I have no idea if anyone has ever done that.

I devoured those books as a kid - it does sound a bit like the meeting between Charles Wallace and The Man With The Red Eyes. Unfortunately, that's not it; the only television adaptation of Wrinkle was in 2003, and was done with Disney-level production values.

A previous commenter had mentioned Otherworld, which prompted me to recall another minor detail. In Scene 1 of my original description, I described the group stopping at a signpost. I believe the signpost may have been referred to as an obelisk and may have also contained a puzzle that needed to be solved before it showed them the way. Solving puzzles as a way to get home - while something sinister tries to keep the protagonists from doing so - seems to be a theme.
 
At long last, I figured it out! The two scenes I described in my original post are from two different episodes of Read All About It.

Scene 1 appears to be from Read All About It Episode 18: http://youtu.be/FzaTmQDC0-M

Scene 2 appears to be from Read All About It Episode 3: http://youtu.be/bq_K231jCSc

Thank you to Ocajnik and txshusker for your suggestions; reading up on both put me on track to the right answer. I haven't seen either program since they first aired almost 30 years ago, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing them with a new perspective.
 
Hi, im looking for a movie but can only remember a scene or two.

Its a film i believe was made in the early 2000's

the scenes i remember are :

1) at a party : girl tied a guy to a bed and put a sock in his mouth, she then opened the door and let people draw and paint on him (could be spray paint).
2) there was a girl that told a guy that she wanted him to join her in the shower, when he did she freaked out that that's what he thought she meant. (along those lines)
3) a guy in a thong in a bedroom
 
trapped in reflection, weird anime

1) i remember only a short image from a movie or television show that i saw sometime between 1981 and 1990. there is a guy who is horrified to find that his friend has been trapped as a reflection inside some mirror world in the reflection of his glass coffee table

2) this was from an english-dubbed anime that my family rented from a video store sometime between 1981 and 1990. i think there is a medusa type character that can turn people to stone. there was a very creepy scene where an old man or woman in a witch/wizard robe kisses (a girl i think) and give her a curse that makes her sleep or die or something. the witch says "there. now you have _______"


and i can't find the post i read several pages back , but the movie / book about the 2 kids that hide in a museum is called "from the mixed up files of mrs basil e. frankweiler" .
 
Title of the Movie

Hey, as the thread indicates i also need help remembering a movie. All I remember is the main character was a man who was appointed to clean some kind of futuristic building. While doing that he sees a (blonde?) woman inside. She is kept inside with many others and is doing research on DNA or something. However they somehow fall in love as he sneaks into the building through a vent. She desperately wants to escape the tower(?) with him. Halfway there she is suffering from a desease and dies ultimately. An AI or someone tells him that all the humans in the building suffer from uncurably disease and they can only survive inside.
So that's what i remember. Would be nice if someone could help me out.
 
Hey i need help remembering a movie. I was half asleep and cant recall most of the plot. I know that a bunch of people were trapped in a big building with a monster. One part i do recall was a swat or police office was rappelling from a rope into the building. He saw the creature and tried to climb back up but it killed him. I also know that a women blows up the creature in the end. I think it was an archaeologist that got mutated or cursed. Or it might have just been me dreaming.
 
Hey i need help remembering a movie. I was half asleep and cant recall most of the plot. I know that a bunch of people were trapped in a big building with a monster. One part i do recall was a swat or police office was rappelling from a rope into the building. He saw the creature and tried to climb back up but it killed him. I also know that a women blows up the creature in the end. I think it was an archaeologist that got mutated or cursed. Or it might have just been me dreaming.

The Relic.
 
Okay here it goes. TV show in which I watched one episode back in 2007ish. The main character was a man who suddenly found himself in a small 40's(?) era town. He had no clue how he got there and seemed concerned about his past which he couldn't remember. He befriends this gorgeous women that I want to say worked at a cafe as a waitress. The only other thing I remember was him going to this place that looked like the Sahara desert and there was some type of portal (?) or something there and I think he couldn't figure it out.

Man that's vague I know but I remember it being a great show. Any help would be appreciated. Great site here by the way.

Edit: I wanted to add too that the show was recently made relative to the time I watched it.
 
Last edited:
Okay here it goes. TV show in which I watched one episode back in 2007ish. The main character was a man who suddenly found himself in a small 40's(?) era town. He had no clue how he got there and seemed concerned about his past which he couldn't remember. He befriends this gorgeous women that I want to say worked at a cafe as a waitress. The only other thing I remember was him going to this place that looked like the Sahara desert and there was some type of portal (?) or something there and I think he couldn't figure it out.

Man that's vague I know but I remember it being a great show. Any help would be appreciated. Great site here by the way.

Edit: I wanted to add too that the show was recently made relative to the time I watched it.

I'm pretty sure that you are thinking about the recent remake of "The Prisoner" with Jim Cazeil (Caziel? something like that). Not as good as the original series done in the 60's with Patrick McGoohan but that's just my poor opinion.
 
I'm pretty sure that you are thinking about the recent remake of "The Prisoner" with Jim Cazeil (Caziel? something like that). Not as good as the original series done in the 60's with Patrick McGoohan but that's just my poor opinion.

I had the same thought. The remake of "The Prisoner" and not nearly as good as the original.

Be Seeing you,
Jim
 
:cool: You guys are great! I looked it up on YouTube and that is it! You solved the mystery that's been lingering in my mind. I'll have to look into the original as well. Thanks again!!
 
Need help, driving my friends and I crazy!

There is this film from the 80's (made for TV or other) which features a kid with dark curly hair, who enters a spaceship I believe, which reflective walls, is used for time travel, and at one point there is either a Tears for Fears song playing, or the video is being watched. I have asked around and have received answers such as Flight of the Navigator, Exploreres, etc but I do not believe either of them to be correct.

Any help would be much appreciated!
 
There is this film from the 80's (made for TV or other) which features a kid with dark curly hair, who enters a spaceship I believe, which reflective walls, is used for time travel, and at one point there is either a Tears for Fears song playing, or the video is being watched. I have asked around and have received answers such as Flight of the Navigator, Exploreres, etc but I do not believe either of them to be correct.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sounds exactly like Flight of the Navigator as the eye plays music for the boy as they are flying around. Although the music was the Beach Boys.

Here is the clip via youtube- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzWhPanS8mU
 
A little late, but I found it!

Hi, i`m from Brazil, and i used to watch when i was a kid, in the 90's a tv show where a girl had like super powers, i dont remember it right, but she was a burnette, she used something on her forehad, like something that she could comunicate to other people, i believe she was from another planet!
She had like three spost on her face!

I cant remember anything else, but in my head i can see the girls face!
If anyone can help me, please!! Thank you!:)

I realize this is 2 years later, but I signed up to tell you I found it. The last five years I've been trying to remember it and never did a search on it, but spending an hour or two searching online paid off.
It's called The Girl From Tomorrow. I was remembering it as an alien girl just like you did, so don't feel bad. Also, I don't get why everyone was thinking of anime and cartoons when you never mentioned animation.
I have to admit, seeing your post gave me the motivation I needed to search for it and more key words to search for(sadly most of them did not seem to help all that much).
You can find episodes of the series online fairly easy, it's on YouTube as well. You're welcome!
 

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top